Body Surgery by Dr Carmen Munteanu Specialist Plastic Surgeon in Melbourne, Victoria
At Aesthetik Profile in Melbourne, Dr Carmen offers a wide range of Body Surgery to help contour the shape and appearance of your body.
With more than 20 years of experience in her field, Dr Carmen Munteanu uses her extensive knowledge to provide her patients with world-class results.
- Fleur De Lis Abdominoplasty Melbourne
- Liposuction Melbourne
- Male Breast Reduction Surgery Melbourne
- Tummy Tuck – Abdominoplasty Melbourne
- Mummy Makeover – Post Pregnancy Surgery Melbourne
- Arm Lift Surgery Melbourne
- Body Lift Melbourne
- Labiaplasty Melbourne
- Thigh Lift Melbourne
- Scar Revision Melbourne
- Skin Cancer Removal Melbourne
Recovery after Body Surgery
In the first few weeks following your Body, it is possible that you may experience localised swelling, discolouration and discomfort. Over the coming weeks as the new scar heals, it should begin to refine and fade.
Dr Carmen will provide you with in-depth and personalised instructions for caring for the surgical site following your Body surgery; this can include medications to take orally or apply to the site to aid healing, as well as a follow-up consultation time.
It’s important to ensure the surgical site is not subjected to excessive force or motion during the healing time, and it’s best to avoid sun exposure. Please be sure to follow the instructions you are provided with to ensure a quality result.
Results of Body Surgery
How to get the best outcome from your Body procedure.
While scar revision surgery can help to provide a more aesthetically pleasing result, it is important to bear in mind that it is not possible for a scar to be completely erased.
Further Reading – medical references
- ASPS USA Article Body Surgery after weight loss.
How much is Body Surgery? – Surgery Costs & Hospital Fees
Dr Carmen’s team will provide you with a personalised fee for your surgery depending on the type of procedure, hospital and whether you want to stay in hospital. An approximate fee range for your BODY surgery can be provided over the phone when you speak to a Patient Care Advisor. We also provide information on different methods of payment.
At your initial consultation, you will be given a detailed quote for your procedure. This will include a Surgeon’s fee, Anaesthetist fee, Surgical Assistant fee and the day surgery or hospital fees.
Find out more about Body Surgery Payment plans, Prices and Consultation Fees
Planning for your surgery
At your pre-operative consultation, Dr Carmen Munteanu will listen to your desired outcomes and conduct an examination, before advising of your options and her recommended course of treatment.
Find out more about your patient journey.
If you have any questions or concerns about the procedure, please don’t hesitate to ask Dr Carmen at this time.
Risks and Complications of Body Surgery
Every surgery has some risks and possible complications.
Dr Carmen will cover the potential risks and complications during your consultation as part of your informed consent. She will also explain the measures she will take in order to reduce your risks as much as possible.
Possible complications of surgery include the following:
- Complications related to general anaesthetic or side effects of drugs used in hospital
- Bleeding– reduced by preoperative testing of possible blood anomalies, accurate technique, use of drains, particular dressings, compressive garments
- Infection– prevented/reduced by judicious use of antibiotics, good surgical technique, modern sealing dressings, appropriate care, advice
- Abnormal or asymmetrical scarring– Many scars can be improved if approached in the right time frame in the right way.
- Fluid build-up or seroma
- Other risks include – Numbness and Pain, Wound breakdown and delayed healing, unsightly or keloid Scarring,
- Serious complications such as possible Heart attack, Deep Vein Thrombosis, Pulmonary Embolism
For more information about risks of surgery and possible complications
Things you can do to minimise your risks and complications of surgery
- Read all your surgical documents and follow instructions of your surgeon precisely – rest & Allow time to heal, wear your compression garments as instructed, avoid removing your own bandages or touching at the incision site until it has healed properly.
- Do NOT Smoke at all during the surgical journey – especially critical in the periods before and after surgery
- Be accurate and upfront about ALL your medications, supplements and vitamins that you are currently taking – Tell both Dr Carmen and your anaesthetist
- When providing your medical history give specific details about ANY past difficulties you have had with surgery, anaesthesia, hospital visits or healing
- Thorough pre-washing of your own body prior to surgery can reduce skin bacteria and risk of infection.
- Successful surgical outcomes are the result of a number of considerations – realistic surgical goals, realistic patient expectations, and a good knowledge and understanding of possible risks and complications.
Dr Carmen Munteanu – Specialist Plastic Surgeon
Dr Carmen Munteanu MD. FRACS (Plas) is a very skilled and compassionate Specialist Plastic Surgeon based in Melbourne’s eastern suburbs.
She is one of Melbourne’s most experienced and sought-after female Plastic Surgeons specialising in aesthetic breast surgery and body contouring. That includes Breast Reduction, Breast Lift, Breast Implant Surgery and Body Surgery.
With over 25 years of surgical experience in Plastic Surgery, Dr Carmen firmly believes that a good surgeon is first a good doctor. She will always take into consideration all the health aspects and personal circumstances of each patient.
A dedicated Specialist Plastic and Cosmetic Surgeon, Dr Carmen is renowned for providing exceptional care, support and helping achieve realistic goals for her patients.
Always Do Your Research
- Download our Procedure Guides to find out more about your surgery
- Please read our website to learn more about your intended procedure
Do you need a Medical Referral to see Dr Carmen?
- A medical referral is helpful but NOT essential for purely cosmetic consultations.
- Please obtain a referral from your GP or Specialist if you want a consultation for an MBS item number surgery.
- Please note that your Medicare Rebates will NOT be claimable without a valid recent Referral
Making The Most Of Your Consultation
- Please arrive slightly early for your in-person consultation with Dr Carmen – Carparking is available on site in Mitcham
- You are welcome to bring a friend or relative to help consider the information and discuss your options
- Please be aware you may need to undress for a physical exam so wear simple clothes
- Ensure you also take a lot of notes during the consultation and thoroughly examine all the documents provided
Want more information before scheduling your consultation?
- Find out more about pricing, medical payment plans and paying for your surgery
- Request more information about the procedure – call or contact us
How to Book Your Consultation with Dr Carmen
- You can book your initial consultation with Dr Carmen Munteanu by paying the $275 cosmetic consultation fee in advance – when you make your appointment.
Email us for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org