Your Patient Journey – Steps to Successful Surgery
From the time of your first consultation, through to the follow-up appointments after your procedure, you will know that Dr Carmen Munteanu is devoted to providing a superior level of care.
By listening, being accessible and responsive throughout your whole experience, Dr Munteanu accompanies you during your journey to ensure you receive the best results, safety, and care.
Only by working closely with you to understand your personal goals, is it possible to take the safest and most sound steps towards achieving your desired look.
During your initial consultation, Dr Carmen Munteanu will spend a significant amount of time explaining the options available, address your specific concerns, and help you understand realistic expectations about your procedure.
Dr Carmen Munteanu will provide you with an in-depth explanation of your procedure and the associated risks & complications.
At Aesthetik Profile, we are committed to providing you with the information you require to make an informed decision about your health.
Am I ready for plastic surgery?
Many options are available to enhance natural features or to correct natural or acquired deficiencies. But undergoing plastic surgery needs to be the product of a sound decision. Plastic surgery is a journey which you need to be mentally and physically prepared for.
People can be attracted by plastic or cosmetic surgery. But to quote Dr. Foad Nahai, one of the greatest Plastic Surgery mentors, “Forget about aesthetic, remember surgery!”
Surgery is a complex undertaking, performed by specialised people. It helps to enhance the natural appearance, but it can not be guaranteed to be without risks.
If you are in a good health, a non-smoker, in a good phase of your life, have realistic expectations, are relatively well informed, psychologically stable, you are most likely a good candidate for plastic surgery.
During your first consultation, we will discuss your concerns and expectations.
Every person is a special, different entity, with special requirements. We believe this and treat everyone accordingly. You will have some guidelines about what to expect, the limitations, recovery time as well as risks, but the reality can be quite different from one person to another.
The common-sense advice for every patient is to listen to their surgeon and their instructions, even if they feel well and capable. You are feeling well for a reason, and that is due to following the correct instructions so far. It is very predictable (unfortunately still occurring) that once the rules are not respected, unnecessary delays and unwanted events can occur.
I cannot overemphasize the need for the necessary recovery time, especially for big procedures.– Dr Carmen Munteanu
About Dr Carmen Munteanu – Specialist Plastic Surgeon
Dr Carmen has 25 years of expertise in breast & tummy surgery as well as excess skin removal for weight-loss patients. Her favourite surgery is Breast Reduction. She also has significant experience in using fat transfer & fat grafting processes to the breast for augmentation and enhancement.
Dr Carmen is a FRACS Plastic & Reconstructive Surgeon – she is a Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons.
She is a precise surgeon and customises her surgery procedures and placement of surgical incision lines for each patient to get the best outcomes.
Caring and engaging, Dr Carmen is highly regarded by her peers and patients.
Always Do Your Research
- Download our Procedure Guides to find out more about your surgery
- Please read our website to learn more about your intended procedure
Do you need a Medical Referral to see Dr Carmen?
- A medical referral is helpful but NOT essential for purely cosmetic consultations.
- Please obtain a referral from your GP or Specialist if you want a consultation for an MBS item number surgery.
- Please note that your Medicare Rebates will NOT be claimable without a valid recent Referral
Making The Most Of Your Consultation
- Please arrive slightly early for your in-person consultation with Dr Carmen – Carparking is available on site in Mitcham
- You are welcome to bring a friend or relative to help consider the information and discuss your options
- Please be aware you may need to undress for a physical exam so wear simple clothes
- Ensure you also take a lot of notes during the consultation and thoroughly examine all the documents provided
Want more information before scheduling your consultation?
- Find out more about pricing, medical payment plans and paying for your surgery
- Request more information about the procedure – call or contact us
How to Book Your Consultation with Dr Carmen
- You can book your initial consultation with Dr Carmen Munteanu by paying the $275 cosmetic consultation fee in advance – when you make your appointment.
Email us for more information: email@example.com