Non-Surgical Cosmetic Treatments in Melbourne – The Aesthetik Profile & Dr Carmen Munteanu Specialist Plastic Surgeon in Melbourne Victoria
Are you looking to improve your appearance with non-invasive cosmetic treatments?
Aesthetik Profile experienced cosmetic doctor and clinicians take a holistic approach to rejuvenation and anti-aging treatments. Under the medical direction of Dr Carmen Munteanu, Aesthetik Profile?s highly experienced team has built a reputation for the highest quality and natural looking results.
For subtle improvement with minimal downtime, Aesthetik Profile offer non-invasive treatments for cosmetic rejuvenation.
We offer non-surgical options to improve the appearance of wrinkles, smooth out ageing line, create voluminous lips, increasing volume in the cheeks and overall skin rejuvenation with anti-wrinkle injections and dermal fillers.
We understand that every face is unique and cosmetic medicine is complex, therefore the patient?s desired outcomes can vary. We customise a treatment plan tailored to your facial anatomy and cosmetic desires. You can rest assured that your treatment will be completed using some of the most advanced and trusted techniques in the world.
Planning for your surgery
At your pre-operative consultation, Dr Carmen Munteanu will listen to your desired outcomes and conduct an examination, before advising of your options and her recommended course of treatment.
Find out more about your patient journey.
If you have any questions or concerns about the procedure, please don’t hesitate to ask Dr Carmen at this time.
Risks and Complications of Surgery
Every surgery has some risks and possible complications.
Dr Carmen will cover the potential risks and complications during your consultation as part of your informed consent. She will also explain the measures she will take in order to reduce your risks as much as possible.
Possible complications of surgery include the following:
- Complications related to general anaesthetic or side effects of drugs used in hospital
- Bleeding– reduced by preoperative testing of possible blood anomalies, accurate technique, use of drains, particular dressings, compressive garments
- Infection– prevented/reduced by judicious use of antibiotics, good surgical technique, modern sealing dressings, appropriate care, advice
- Abnormal or asymmetrical scarring– Many scars can be improved if approached in the right time frame in the right way.
- Fluid build-up or seroma
- Other risks include – Numbness and Pain, Wound breakdown and delayed healing, unsightly or keloid Scarring,
- Serious complications such as possible Heart attack, Deep Vein Thrombosis, Pulmonary Embolism
For more information about risks of surgery and possible complications
Things you can do to minimise your risks and complications of surgery
- Read all your surgical documents and follow instructions of your surgeon precisely – rest & Allow time to heal, wear your compression garments as instructed, avoid removing your own bandages or touching at the incision site until it has healed properly.
- Do NOT Smoke at all during the surgical journey – especially critical in the periods before and after surgery
- Be accurate and upfront about ALL your medications, supplements and vitamins that you are currently taking – Tell both Dr Carmen and your anaesthetist
- When providing your medical history give specific details about ANY past difficulties you have had with surgery, anaesthesia, hospital visits or healing
- Thorough pre-washing of your own Hand prior to surgery can reduce skin bacteria and risk of infection.
- Successful surgical outcomes are the result of a number of considerations – realistic surgical goals, realistic patient expectations, and a good knowledge and understanding of possible risks and complications.