Breast Surgery can help to enhance the size, shape and appearance of your breasts, or reduce their size, Dr Carmen Munteanu and her team take a professional and individualised approach to help you make a well-informed decision which suits your silhouette.
Dr Carmen’s Breast Surgery procedures include:
- Breast Implant Removal Melbourne
- Breast Implant Replacement Melbourne
- Breast Implant Types
- Fat Transfer to Breast Surgery Melbourne
- Breast Reduction Melbourne
- Breast Lift Melbourne
- Breast Augmentation Melbourne
- Breast Revision Surgery
The decision to undergo surgery of any variety is one that should not be taken lightly. A consultation with Dr Carmen Munteanu can help ensure you make the right surgery decision for you.
Dr Carmen’s Ultimate Guide to
Cosmetic Breast Surgery
Recovery after Breast Surgery
In the first few weeks following your Breast Surgery, it is possible that you may experience localised swelling, discolouration and slight discomfort. Over the coming weeks as the new scar heals, it should begin to refine and fade.
Dr Carmen will provide you with in-depth and personalised instructions for caring for the surgical site following your Breast surgery; this can include medications to take orally or apply to the site to aid healing, as well as a follow-up consultation time.
It’s important to ensure the surgical site is not subjected to excessive force or motion during the healing time, and it’s best to avoid sun exposure. Please be sure to follow the instructions you are provided with to ensure a quality result.
Long-Term Results of Breast Surgery
How to get the best outcome from your Breast procedure. While Breast surgery can help to provide a more aesthetically pleasing result, it is important to bear in mind that further surgery may be required as ageing occurs.
Further Reading – medical references
How much is Breast Surgery? – Surgery Costs & Hospital Fees
Dr Carmen’s team will provide you with a personalised fee for your surgery depending on the type of procedure, hospital and whether you want to stay in hospital. An approximate fee range for your BREAST surgery can be provided over the phone when you speak to a Patient Care Advisor. We also provide information on different methods of payment.
At your initial consultation, you will be given a detailed quote for your procedure. This will include a Surgeon’s fee, an Anaesthetist fee, a Surgical Assistant fee and the day surgery or hospital fees.
Find out more about Breast Surgery Payment plans, Prices and Consultation Fees
Risks and Complications of BREAST Surgery
Every surgery has some risks and possible complications.
Dr Carmen will cover the potential risks and complications during your consultation as part of your informed consent. She will also explain the measures she will take in order to reduce your risks as much as possible.
Possible complications of surgery include the following:
- Complications related to general anaesthetic or side effects of drugs used in hospital
- Bleeding– reduced by preoperative testing of possible blood anomalies, accurate technique, use of drains, particular dressings, compressive garments
- Infection– prevented/reduced by judicious use of antibiotics, good surgical technique, modern sealing dressings, appropriate care, advice
- Abnormal or asymmetrical scarring– Many scars can be improved if approached in the right time frame in the right way.
- Fluid build-up or seroma
- Other risks include – Numbness and Pain, Wound breakdown and delayed healing, unsightly or keloid Scarring,
- Serious complications such as possible Heart attack, Deep Vein Thrombosis, Pulmonary Embolism
For more information about risks of surgery and possible complications
Things you can do to minimise your risks and complications of surgery
- Read all your surgical documents and follow instructions of your surgeon precisely – rest & Allow time to heal, wear your compression garments as instructed, avoid removing your own bandages or touching at the incision site until it has healed properly.
- Do NOT Smoke at all during the surgical journey – especially critical in the periods before and after surgery
- Be accurate and upfront about ALL your medications, supplements and vitamins that you are currently taking – Tell both Dr Carmen and your anaesthetist
- When providing your medical history give specific details about ANY past difficulties you have had with surgery, anaesthesia, hospital visits or healing
- Thorough pre-washing of your own body prior to surgery can reduce skin bacteria and risk of infection.
- Successful surgical outcomes are the result of a number of considerations – realistic surgical goals, realistic patient expectations, and a good knowledge and understanding of possible risks and complications.
Planning for your breast surgery
At your pre-operative consultation, Dr Carmen Munteanu will listen to your desired outcomes and conduct an examination, before advising of your options and her recommended course of treatment.
Find out more about your patient journey.
Further Reading about Body Procedures with Dr Carmen
Read Dr Carmen’s Blog about Compression Garments after Body Lift