Arm Lift Surgery in Melbourne Victoria by Dr Carmen
An Arm Lift or Arm Reduction procedure, medically known as Brachioplasty, removes the excess sagging and loose skin of the upper arm. The procedure tightens and smooths the underlying tissue and fat in order to redefine the shape of your arm.
Dr Carmen Munteanu is a specialist plastic surgeon and armlift expert. She provides dedicated and compassionate care to her patients who wish to undergo this surgery and reshape their upper arms.
Am I a good candidate for an Arm Lift?
If the underside of your upper arms are sagging or appearing loose and full due to excess fat and skin, arm lift surgery may be able to provide the results you desire.
Depending on your circumstances, excess fat may be either excised directly, treated with liposuction or both during this procedure.
The exact incision size and location will depend on your circumstances, but it will generally be hidden on the back of your arm, and may extend from the underarm to the elbow.
Arm Lift Before and After Photos
See Arm lift before and after pics of real patients of Dr Carmen – a top Arm lift surgeon in Melbourne.
The Arm lift Procedure
To ensure your comfort throughout the procedure, you will be administered with either intravenous sedation or general anaesthetic.
The exact length and pattern of the incision for this procedure will depend on the amount and location of excess skin which needs to be removed. Normally this will be along the back of your arm, and could extend from the underarm to just above the elbow. The excess fat may be either excised directly, or through liposuction.
Once the underlying supportive tissues have been reshaped and tightened through the use of internal sutures, the skin will then be smoothed over and closed with either dissolvable sutures, or stitches which will require removal.
Dressing and bandages may be applied after the surgery is complete, and you will be given either a compression garment or an elastic bandage to help minimise the swelling. To help drain excess fluid and blood from the site, you may also be fitted with a small tube.
Recovery after arm lift surgery
We will provide you with detailed instructions for caring for the surgical site, as well as medications you may need to take orally or apply to help with the healing process. You will also be given a time for a follow-up consultation with Dr Carmen.
To ensure the best results from your surgery, please be sure to follow these instructions.
Planning your Arm Lift
At your pre-operative consultation, Dr Carmen will discuss your goals, expectations, age, medical history and any risk factors.
Following an examination, Dr Carmen will then provide you with her recommendations as to the best options to achieve your desired results, as well the likely outcomes.
You will then be provided with an individualised recommended treatment plan.
Provided you maintain your health and fitness, the results of your surgery should be long-lasting. As you continue to age it is inevitable that you continue to lose some firmness, but the bulk of the improvements achieved through an arm lift should be quite permanent.
How much is a Arm Lift in Melbourne? – Surgery Costs & Hospital Fees
Dr Carmen’s team will provide you with a customised fee for your surgery depending on the type of procedure, hospital and how long you want to stay in hospital. An approximate fee range for your arm lift surgery can be provided over the phone when you speak to a Patient Care Advisor. We also provide information on different methods of payment.
At your initial consultation, you will be given a detailed quote for your procedure. This will include a Surgeon’s fee, Anaesthetist fee, Surgical Assistant fee and the hospital fees.
Find out more about Arm Lift Payment plans, Prices and Consultation Fees
Risks and Complications of Arm Lift Surgery
Every surgery has some risks and possible complications.
Dr Carmen will cover the potential risks and complications during your consultation as part of your informed consent. She will also explain the measures she will take in order to reduce your risks as much as possible.
Possible complications of surgery include the following:
- Complications related to general anaesthetic or side effects of drugs used in hospital
- Bleeding – reduced by preoperative testing of possible blood anomalies, accurate technique, use of drains, particular dressings, compressive garments
- Infection – prevented/reduced by judicious use of antibiotics, good surgical technique, modern sealing dressings, appropriate care, advice
- Abnormal or asymmetrical scarring– Many scars can be improved if approached in the right time frame in the right way.
- Fluid build-up or seroma
- Other risks include – Numbness and Pain, Wound breakdown and delayed healing, unsightly or keloid Scarring,
- Serious complications such as possible Heart attack, Deep Vein Thrombosis, Pulmonary Embolism
For more information about risks of surgery and possible complications
Things you can do to minimise your risks and complications of surgery
- Read all your surgical documents and follow instructions of your surgeon precisely – rest & Allow time to heal, wear your compression garments as instructed, avoid removing your own bandages or touching at the incision site until it has healed properly.
- Do NOT Smoke at all during the surgical journey – especially critical in the periods before and after surgery
- Be accurate and upfront about ALL your medications, supplements and vitamins that you are currently taking – Tell both Dr Carmen and your anaesthetist
- When providing your medical history give specific details about ANY past difficulties you have had with surgery, anaesthesia, hospital visits or healing
- Thorough pre-washing of your own body prior to surgery can reduce skin bacteria and risk of infection.
- Successful surgical outcomes are the result of a number of considerations – realistic surgical goals, realistic patient expectations, and a good knowledge and understanding of possible risks and complications.
What causes a saggy or droopy arm?
Often caused by genetics, weight fluctuations, or just the natural ageing process, sagging or drooping skin on the underside of the arms is a common complaint for many women, and unfortunately cannot be addressed through exercise alone.
About Dr Carmen Munteanu – Specialist Plastic Surgeon
Dr Carmen has 25 years of expertise in breast & tummy surgery as well as excess skin removal for weight-loss patients. Her favourite surgery is Breast Reduction. She also has significant experience in using fat transfer & fat grafting processes to the breast for augmentation and enhancement.
Dr Carmen is a FRACS Plastic & Reconstructive Surgeon – she is a Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons.
She is a precise surgeon and customises her surgery procedures and placement of surgical incision lines for each patient to get the best outcomes.
Caring and engaging, Dr Carmen is highly regarded by her peers and patients.
Always Do Your Research
- Download our Procedure Guides to find out more about your surgery
- Please read our website to learn more about your intended procedure
Do you need a Medical Referral to see Dr Carmen?
- A medical referral is helpful but NOT essential for purely cosmetic consultations.
- Please obtain a referral from your GP or Specialist if you want a consultation for an MBS item number surgery.
- Please note that your Medicare Rebates will NOT be claimable without a valid recent Referral
Making The Most Of Your Consultation
- Please arrive slightly early for your in-person consultation with Dr Carmen – Carparking is available on site in Mitcham
- You are welcome to bring a friend or relative to help consider the information and discuss your options
- Please be aware you may need to undress for a physical exam so wear simple clothes
- Ensure you also take a lot of notes during the consultation and thoroughly examine all the documents provided
Want more information before scheduling your consultation?
- Find out more about consultation pricing, payment plans and paying for surgery here
- Request more information about the procedure – call or contact us
- Book your initial consultation with Dr Carmen Munteanu Specialist Plastic Surgeon
Email us for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org