Thigh Lift Surgery in Melbourne Victoria by Dr Carmen
A thigh lift or thighplasty surgery reshapes the thighs by reducing excess skin, and sometimes fat, providing thinner upper thigh and a more streamlined silhouette of the lower body and smoother skin.
Dr Carmen Munteanu is a specialist plastic surgeon and thigh lift expert. She provides dedicated and compassionate care to her patients who wish to undergo this surgery and reshape their upper thighs.
For some women, regardless of their fitness and weight loss efforts, their goal of firmer and more proportionate thighs continues to remain just out of grasp, often thanks to genetics.
What are the Benefits of a Thigh Lift?
The results of a thigh lift are visible almost immediately. However, it may take several months for the final results to fully develop. Some visible scars will remain, but the overall results are long lasting, provided that you maintain a stable weight and general fitness.
As your body ages, it is natural to lose some firmness. However, most of your initial improvement should be relatively permanent. Although good results are expected from your procedure, there is no guarantee. In some situations, it may not be possible to achieve optimal results with a single surgical procedure and another further surgery may be necessary.
Thigh Lift Before & After Photos
Click to see more Before and After Thigh Lift Images of Real Patients of top thigh lift surgeon Dr Carmen Munteanu
The Thigh Lift surgical procedure
Step 1 – Anaesthesia
Medications are administered for your comfort during the surgical procedures. The options include intravenous sedation and general anaesthesia. Your doctor will recommend the best option for you.
Step 2 – The incision
Incision patterns will differ depending on the area or areas to be treated, the extent of correction, and the patient’s lifestyle. One common technique used for a thigh lift places incisions in the groin, extending downward and wrapping around the back of the thigh. The underlying tissue matrix will be reshaped and tightened, and skin will be reduced and re-draped resulting in more proportionate and smoother body contours. You may qualify for a minimal incision medial thigh lift that involves an incision only in the groin area. Your surgeon will determine what’s appropriate.
Improving the contours of the outer thigh may require an incision extending from the groin around the hip. Advanced techniques usually allow incisions to be placed in strategic locations where they can be hidden by most types of clothing and swimsuits. However, incisions may be extensive.
Step 3 – Closing the incisions
Deep support sutures within below tissues help to form the newly shaped contours. Sutures close the skin incisions.
Step 4 – See and feel the results
The firmer contouring that results from a thigh lift is noticeable almost instantly, although originally obscured by swelling and bruising. It may be essential to wear a compression garment for several weeks following your procedure to diminish swelling and support the tissues as they heal. Following a thigh lift, skin quality is intensely improved both in appearance and feel
Recovery after Thigh Lift
When your procedure is completed, dressings or bandages may be applied to your incisions, and you may be wrapped in an elastic bandage or a compression garment to minimise swelling and to support your new contours as you heal. Small, thin tubes may be temporarily placed under the skin to drain excess fluid or blood that may collect.
You will be given specific instructions that may include how to care for the surgical site and drains, medications to apply or take orally to aid healing and reduce the potential for infection, specific concerns to look for at the surgical site or in your general health, and when to follow up with your plastic surgeon.
How much is a Thigh Lift in Melbourne? – Surgery Costs & Hospital Fees
Dr Carmen’s team will provide you a customised fee for your surgery depending on the type of procedure, hospital and how long you want to stay in hospital. An approximate fee range for your thigh lift surgery can be provided over the phone when you speak to a Patient Care Advisor. We also provide information on different methods of payment.
At your initial consultation, you will be given a detailed quote for your procedure. This will include a Surgeon’s fee, Anaesthetist fee, Surgical Assistant fee and the hospital fees.
Find out more about Thigh Lift Payment plans, Prices and Consultation Fees
Thigh Surgery Consultation with Dr Carmen
Dr Carmen Munteanu will carefully listen to your desires and expectations, discuss your age, health history, and risk factors. After a medical examination, she will advise you about your best options and recommend a treatment plan, from the preparation phase to long-term care.
What are the Risks and Complications of Thigh Lift Surgery?
Every surgery has some risks and possible complications.
Dr Carmen will cover the potential risks and complications during your consultation as part of your informed consent. She will also explain the measures she will take in order to reduce your risks as much as possible.
Possible complications of surgery include the following:
- Complications related to general anaesthetic or side effects of drugs used in hospital
- Bleeding – reduced by preoperative testing of possible blood anomalies, accurate technique, use of drains, particular dressings, compressive garments
- Infection – prevented/reduced by judicious use of antibiotics, good surgical technique, modern sealing dressings, appropriate care, advice
- Abnormal or asymmetrical scarring– Many scars can be improved if approached in the right time frame in the right way.
- Fluid build-up or seroma
- Other risks include – Numbness and Pain, Wound breakdown and delayed healing, unsightly or keloid Scarring,
- Serious complications such as possible Heart attack, Deep Vein Thrombosis, Pulmonary Embolism
For more information about risks of surgery and possible complications
Things you can do to minimise your risks and complications of surgery
- Read all your surgical documents and follow instructions of your surgeon precisely – rest & Allow time to heal, wear your compression garments as instructed, avoid removing your own bandages or touching at the incision site until it has healed properly.
- Do NOT Smoke at all during the surgical journey – especially critical in the periods before and after surgery
- Be accurate and upfront about ALL your medications, supplements and vitamins that you are currently taking – Tell both Dr Carmen and your anaesthetist
- When providing your medical history give specific details about ANY past difficulties you have had with surgery, anaesthesia, hospital visits or healing
- Thorough pre-washing of your own body prior to surgery can reduce skin bacteria and risk of infection.
- Successful surgical outcomes are the result of a number of considerations – realistic surgical goals, realistic patient expectations, and a good knowledge and understanding of possible risks and complications.
Further Reading – Medical References
About Dr Carmen Munteanu – Specialist Plastic Surgeon
Dr Carmen has 25 years of expertise in breast & tummy surgery as well as excess skin removal for weight-loss patients. Her favourite surgery is Breast Reduction. She also has significant experience in using fat transfer & fat grafting processes to the breast for augmentation and enhancement.
Dr Carmen is a FRACS Plastic & Reconstructive Surgeon – she is a Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons.
She is a precise surgeon and customises her surgery procedures and placement of surgical incision lines for each patient to get the best outcomes.
Caring and engaging, Dr Carmen is highly regarded by her peers and patients.
Always Do Your Research
- Download our Procedure Guides to find out more about your surgery
- Please read our website to learn more about your intended procedure
Do you need a Medical Referral to see Dr Carmen?
- A medical referral is helpful but NOT essential for purely cosmetic consultations.
- Please obtain a referral from your GP or Specialist if you want a consultation for an MBS item number surgery.
- Please note that your Medicare Rebates will NOT be claimable without a valid recent Referral
Making The Most Of Your Consultation
- Please arrive slightly early for your in-person consultation with Dr Carmen – Carparking is available on site in Mitcham
- You are welcome to bring a friend or relative to help consider the information and discuss your options
- Please be aware you may need to undress for a physical exam so wear simple clothes
- Ensure you also take a lot of notes during the consultation and thoroughly examine all the documents provided
Want more information before scheduling your consultation?
- Find out more about consultation pricing, payment plans and paying for surgery here
- Request more information about the procedure – call or contact us
- Book your initial consultation with Dr Carmen Munteanu Specialist Plastic Surgeon
Email us for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org