Exercising Tips and Timeline after Plastic Surgery
Plastic surgery is often performed to improve the aesthetics or look of the body and face. In some cases, plastic surgery is performed to restore or improve functionality. Whatever your reasons for undergoing surgery, one thing stays the same – the results of the procedures are longer-lasting if you are committed to a good recovery, and committed to a healthy diet, lifestyle and exercising after surgery.
If you a feeling good after surgery, you might be tempted to resume exercising shortly after returning home from the clinic. However, this is NOT a good idea in most cases. Exercising should be resumed gradually and only after discussing this with Dr Carmen and her team. Please avoid exercising too soon during the recovery period.
Download Dr Carmen’s Guide to Cosmetic Surgery Recovery
Read Dr Carmen’s Exercising after Surgery Blog for Your Specific Surgery
- Exercising after a Tummy Tuck Surgery
- Exercising after Arm Lift Surgery
- Exercising after Gastric Sleeve Surgery
- Exercising after Mummy Makeover Surgery
- Exercising after Breast Reduction Surgery
- Exercising after Breast Lift Surgery
- Exercising after Breast Augmentation Surgery
You should always keep in mind that when it comes to recovery and exercise, there is no one-size-fits-all. Each patient recovers and heals at a different pace. There are patients who can easily go shopping in the evening after getting a short plastic surgery procedure, while others might need a couple of days to feel more like themselves after undergoing the same intervention.
Why you need to move gently and resume exercising gradually
Dr Carmen will talk to you about the dos and don’ts of your recovery during your consultation. It is important to follow the recommendations for post-operative care as this might make all the difference between a successful surgery and getting unsatisfactory results after your procedure.
Among these recommendations, Dr Carmen will mention about the need to move as soon as possible after undergoing body procedures such as the tummy tuck, liposuction, breast enhancement procedures and others. This is essential for your well-being. Gentle movement can help you recover faster and also prevent unwanted complications such as blood clotting.
While short walks around the room or the house are recommended even from day 1, it might take a while before you are ready to get back to your regular exercise routine.
Most upper body procedures have a strict “no lifting” rule. Breast augmentation, breast reduction and breast lift are just some of the procedures that won’t allow you to lift weights or any heavy objects. Actually, patients are also advised to avoid overstretching your arms as not to put too much pressure on the incisions, so not even light stretching or yoga are recommended in the weeks after the procedure.
The Tummy Tuck and Mummy Makeover interventions are other plastic surgery procedures that come with the recommendation to resume exercising gradually, and only after at least four to six weeks post-op or after the incisions have healed completely.
Allow your body time to heal
With the changes to your body you might have a newfound respect to take better care of it. Keep in mind that your body needs time to heal and restore after undergoing surgery intervention. Don’t push it too far too soon after the intervention as this might delay the recovery process and lead to potential complications.
We are always here to help
Remember to contact us any time you need to. We are there to encourage and support you in any way we can. It is our commitment to you that sets us apart from others. Our whole focus is on you your needs and ensuring your recovery is the best it can be.
Dr Carmen Munteanu – Specialist Plastic Surgeon
Dr Carmen Munteanu MD. FRACS (Plas) is a very skilled and compassionate Specialist Plastic Surgeon based in Melbourne’s eastern suburbs.
She is one of Melbourne’s most experienced and sought-after female Plastic Surgeons specialising in aesthetic breast surgery and body contouring. That includes Breast Reduction, Breast Lift, Breast Implant Surgery and Body Surgery.
With over 25 years of surgical experience in Plastic Surgery, Dr Carmen firmly believes that a good surgeon is first a good doctor. She will always take into consideration all the health aspects and personal circumstances of each patient.
A dedicated Specialist Plastic and Cosmetic Surgeon, Dr Carmen is renowned for providing exceptional care, support and helping achieve realistic goals for her patients.
Always Do Your Research
- Download our Procedure Guides to find out more about your surgery
- Please read our website to learn more about your intended procedure
Do you need a Medical Referral to see Dr Carmen?
- A medical referral is helpful but NOT essential for purely cosmetic consultations.
- Please obtain a referral from your GP or Specialist if you want a consultation for an MBS item number surgery.
- Please note that your Medicare Rebates will NOT be claimable without a valid recent Referral
Making The Most Of Your Consultation
- Please arrive slightly early for your in-person consultation with Dr Carmen – Carparking is available on site in Mitcham
- You are welcome to bring a friend or relative to help consider the information and discuss your options
- Please be aware you may need to undress for a physical exam so wear simple clothes
- Ensure you also take a lot of notes during the consultation and thoroughly examine all the documents provided
Want more information before scheduling your consultation?
- Find out more about pricing, medical payment plans and paying for your surgery
- Request more information about the procedure – call or contact us
How to Book Your Consultation with Dr Carmen
- You can book your initial consultation with Dr Carmen Munteanu by paying the $275 cosmetic consultation fee in advance – when you make your appointment.
Email us for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org