Breast Lift without Implants Surgery – Mastopexy in Melbourne, Victoria
A Breast lift or a Boob lift enhances the elevation of the breast tissue and reshapes the areola. Through this Breast Uplifift procedure, Dr Carmen is able to increase the firmness and elevation of your breasts, while still maintaining their natural feel and softness.
It’s an inevitable part of being female; as we age, our breasts no longer have the same volume, firmness or skin elasticity they once did. This Breast procedure can help you to recover your feminine self-confidence.
Dr Carmen Munteanu, a Specialist Plastic Surgeon in Melbourne, is an expert at repositioning your breasts and nipples with breast lift surgery – medically known as a Mastopexy.
What are the Benefits of a breast lift?
A breast lift can address issues such as:
- Deflated breast shape
- Volume loss
- Loss in firmness
- Loss in skin elasticity
- An aged appearance
- Overly enlarged areolas
- Asymmetry in breasts
There can be numerous causes for lost volume and firmness; from the natural ageing process, to weight loss, and the journey of pregnancy and breast feeding. Many women may associate these changes in their breasts with a loss of sensuality and youth, and this can lead to changes in their self-perception.
It is important to note that the changes which occur in your breasts during another pregnancy can reduce, and even completely reverse the results achieved through breast lift surgery, so it’s best to only consider this surgery after you feel your family is complete. Dramatic weight loss after this surgery can also negatively affect the results.
Breast Lift Before and After Photos
See more of Dr Carmen’s Breast Lift Before and After Photos
Adding implants or Fat Grafting – Breast Lift with Fat Transfer or Breast lift with Implants
A Mastopexy or Breast lifting surgery may also be combined with breast augmentation using implants or even fat grafting or fat transfer – a natural augmentation using your own fat.
Conversely, it can also be accompanied by a reduction in the volume of the breast. While it is possible to perform this procedure on any size breasts, women with heavier breasts may find the results will not be as long-lasting.
Breast Lift Surgical Procedure
Prior to your breast lift surgery, you will be placed under a general anaesthetic. The surgery will generally take one to two hours, but this may vary depending on the specific incision and placement decided upon.
A breast lift will generally be performed as a day surgery, but some women may need to be admitted overnight depending on their individual medical condition.
Breast lift Incision patterns
There are three common incision patterns. As each patient is truly unique, the technique which will provide the best results will vary from one person to another.
- Around the areola.
- Around the areola and vertically down from the areola to the breast crease.
- Around the areola, vertically down from the breast crease, and horizontally along the breast crease.
Recovery after Breast Lift Surgery
Following the completion of your breast lift surgery, dressings will be applied to the incisions, and a support bra or elastic bandaging can be worn to provide support to the breasts and minimise swelling as you heal.
For the first three weeks following your surgery, you should only perform light activities. Most patients should be able to return to work within 7 to 14 days. It is normal to experience visible bruising and discomfort for about two weeks following your surgery, and swelling should start to subside within three weeks.
It will generally take 3 to 6 months for your breasts to settle into their new regular shape following the surgery.
Longer-term results after Breast Lift Surgery
You will be able to notice the results of your breast lift surgery immediately after the procedure. The swelling which occurs immediately after the surgery will reduce with time, and the incision lines, while permanent, will fade.
The final results of your surgery will be completely apparent after a few months.
It is of utmost importance that you ensure the surgical incisions are not subjected to excessive force, swelling, abrasion or motion during the healing period. Dr Carmen will provide you with specific instructions on your care, tailored to suit your unique circumstances.
Provided you maintain your weight and keep a healthy lifestyle, the results of your surgery should be long-lasting. That said, as mentioned above, pregnancies and dramatic weight loss after this surgery can have a negative impact on the results. It should also be noted that as you continue to age, gravity will continue to have an effect on your body.
Planning your Breast Lift surgery
Dr Carmen truly understands that breast lift surgery is an emotional journey, and takes the time to address any questions and concerns you might have. During your consultation, Dr Carmen will assess your suitability for this procedure, and create a personalised plan to help you achieve your desires.
At your pre-operative consultation, Dr Carmen Munteanu will listen carefully to your expected outcomes, and discuss factors including your age, health history and any risks. She will conduct an examination into your general health, the size, shape and skin elasticity of your breasts, as well as the position of your areolas and nipples. Based on this examination, Dr Carmen will then provide you with personalised recommendations for your treatment.
Because beauty truly is in the eye of the beholder, it is of utmost importance to discuss your personal preferences and desired outcomes, including shape and volume, during the initial consultation.
How much is a Breast Lift in Melbourne? – prices & costs
All Surgery is customised and Dr Carmen’s team will give you a price for your Breast uplifting surgery that will depend on the exact type of procedure you require, the hospital you attend and the length of your stay.
After your initial consultation, you will be given a detailed quote. This will include the Surgeon’s fee, Anaesthetist fee, Surgical Assistant fee and the hospital fees.
We can also provide information on Payment Plans, Finance, Private Health Insurance and different methods of payment.
Risks and Complications of Breast Implant Removal Surgery
Every surgery has some risks and possible complications.
Dr Carmen will cover the potential risks and complications during your consultation as part of your informed consent. She will also explain the measures she will take in order to reduce your risks as much as possible.
Possible complications of surgery include the following:
- Complications related to general anaesthetic or side effects of drugs used in hospital
- Bleeding – reduced by preoperative testing of possible blood anomalies, accurate technique, use of drains, particular dressings, compressive garments
- Infection – prevented/reduced by judicious use of antibiotics, good surgical technique, modern sealing dressings, appropriate care, advice
- Abnormal or asymmetrical scarring– Many scars can be improved if approached in the right time frame in the right way.
- Fluid build-up or seroma
- Other risks include – Numbness and Pain, Wound breakdown and delayed healing, unsightly or keloid Scarring,
- Serious complications such as possible Heart attack, Deep Vein Thrombosis, Pulmonary Embolism
For more information about risks of surgery and possible complications
Specific possible complications of breast surgery can include the following:
- Changes to nipple sensation majority transient in nature,
- Potential breast asymmetries– “breasts are sisters not twins”
- Risk of BIA-ALCL– Generally associated only with textured implants
- Risk of BII– Breast implant illness
Inflammation, Infection, Pain, Seroma, Scar presence, Asymmetry, Necrosis
Things you can do to minimise your risks and complications of surgery
- Read all your surgical documents and follow instructions of your surgeon precisely – rest & Allow time to heal, wear your compression garments as instructed, avoid removing your own bandages or touching at the incision site until it has healed properly.
- Do NOT Smoke at all during the surgical journey – especially critical in the periods before and after surgery
- Be accurate and upfront about ALL your medications, supplements and vitamins that you are currently taking – Tell both Dr Carmen and your anaesthetist
- When providing your medical history give specific details about ANY past difficulties you have had with surgery, anaesthesia, hospital visits or healing
- Thorough pre-washing of your own body prior to surgery can reduce skin bacteria and risk of infection.
- Successful surgical outcomes are the result of a number of considerations – realistic surgical goals, realistic patient expectations, and a good knowledge and understanding of possible risks and complications.
About Dr Carmen Munteanu – Specialist Plastic Surgeon
Dr Carmen has 25 years of expertise in breast & tummy surgery as well as excess skin removal for weight-loss patients. Her favourite surgery is Breast Reduction. She also has significant experience in using fat transfer & fat grafting processes to the breast for augmentation and enhancement.
Dr Carmen is a FRACS Plastic & Reconstructive Surgeon – she is a Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons.
She is a precise surgeon and customises her surgery procedures and placement of surgical incision lines for each patient to get the best outcomes.
Caring and engaging, Dr Carmen is highly regarded by her peers and patients.
Always Do Your Research
- Download our Procedure Guides to find out more about your surgery
- Please read our website to learn more about your intended procedure
Do you need a Medical Referral to see Dr Carmen?
- A medical referral is helpful but NOT essential for purely cosmetic consultations.
- Please obtain a referral from your GP or Specialist if you want a consultation for an MBS item number surgery.
- Please note that your Medicare Rebates will NOT be claimable without a valid recent Referral
Making The Most Of Your Consultation
- Please arrive slightly early for your in-person consultation with Dr Carmen – Carparking is available on site in Mitcham
- You are welcome to bring a friend or relative to help consider the information and discuss your options
- Please be aware you may need to undress for a physical exam so wear simple clothes
- Ensure you also take a lot of notes during the consultation and thoroughly examine all the documents provided
Want more information before scheduling your consultation?
- Find out more about consultation pricing, payment plans and paying for surgery here
- Request more information about the procedure – call or contact us
- Book your initial consultation with Dr Carmen Munteanu Specialist Plastic Surgeon
Email us for more information: email@example.com