Labiaplasty Surgery in Melbourne Victoria by Dr Carmen
Labiaplasty or Labia Minora reduction, also known as labioplasty, is a procedure to rejuvenate and reduce a woman’s external genital area, providing a very natural result with minimal scarring.
Dr Carmen Munteanu is a specialist female plastic surgeon and labiaplasty expert. She provides dedicated and compassionate care to her patients who wish to undergo this surgery to improve the look and functionality of their most intimate area.
Download Dr Carmen’s Guide to Labiaplasty
Am I a Good Candidate for a Labiaplasty?
Whether it’s due to discomfort wearing pants, rashes, infection, thrush, difficulties having sex, self-consciousness when wearing swimmers, or simply because it doesn’t look right, labiaplasty is a procedure which can address a whole range of issues for female patients.
In general, labiaplasty reshapes a woman’s inner labia (labia minora), sometimes in association with the labia majora, as well as other small refinements of this delicate area.
A patient may wish to undergo this procedure to better define and enhance their natural features, or correct possible deformities by decreasing the size of some areas, altering their shape, or correcting symmetry or pigmentation differences. This treatment can also help to refine imperfections caused by vaginal birth.
Through advanced techniques and her anatomical knowledge, Dr Carmen Munteanu is able to ensure this delicate procedure has minimal impact on sensation in the area after healing has been completed.
Dr Carmen Munteanu is able to provide compassionate and understanding treatment to women who wish to enhance the look of this intimate area, or regain their pre-pregnancy confidence through labiaplasty.
3 Reasons to consider Labiaplasty Surgery
- Do you suffer from painful Irritation or Discomfort?
Elongated labia can cause severe discomfort and irritation from cloth or during intercourse, leading to further conditions such as yeast infections.
2. Does a Camel Toe or Labia Visibility impact your Self-Confidence?
Some women may find that enlarged labia can have a negative effect on their self-confidence, especially if the problem is visible through clothing.
3. Better Sexual Intercourse
Elongated labia may also inhibit sexual experience, making it more difficult for women to achieve orgasm.
What are the Benefits of a Labiaplasty?
Labiaplasty is something women may wish to consider to:
- Reduce “abnormal” length or drooping
- Reshape the vaginal labia majora
- Augment thin tissues which have lost their natural fullness and elasticity
- Reduce excess labial skin following weight loss
- Preserve fat to prevent an aged appearance for women with thin tissues
Labiaplasty Before and After Photos
WARNING!! – Sexually Explicit Images of Labia Surgery Results – Click to View
Click to see the Gallery of Labiaplasty Before and After Photos of Real patients by Dr Carmen Munteanu – top Labiaplasty Surgeon in Melbourne
Labiaplasty Surgical procedure
Depending on your desired outcome, the techniques utilised for labiaplasty will vary from one person to another. In general it will be completed as a day surgery.
Ideally labiaplasty will be performed under general anaesthetic or intravenous sedation, though it is possible for it to be performed under a local anaesthetic.
The wedge technique
For patients who have an asymmetrical labia or excess tissues, without concerns along the labia edge, Dr Carmen’s preferred technique for labiaplasty is the wedge technique, which involved removing a wedge-shaped section of tissue, and then using sutures to close.
Through this advanced technique it is possible to address both the length and the width of the labia tissue, as well as proving a natural ‘lift’ to the perineal structures, and improving the posterior lip.
The clitoral hood and perineum imperfections resulting from vaginal birth and immediate repair can also be addressed if required.
It is also possible to achieve a degree of vaginal tightening by addressing the labia, posterior lip and perineum. If a more extensive approach is required, this may be addressed either simultaneously, or in a staged fashion.
As the incision is placed internally the stitches required will sustain minimal stress, which helps to aid the healing process and reduce post-surgical complications.
The exact shape will be designed on an individual basis, not using a template. Dr Carmen will recommend a customised treatment plan based on your unique anatomy, and desired results.
All stitches used in this procedure will be dissolvable.
Recovery after Surgery
In general the recovery time for labiaplasty is between two and four weeks. You will be provided with personalised instructions on how to care for the surgical site, and follow-up consultations with Dr Carmen.
It is important that care be taken during healing to not overdo anything in the area as it can expose a very sensitive part of the anatomy, which can then require difficult and delicate reconstructive surgery.
Dr Carmen’s advanced technique using magnification helps to ensure good and natural-looking results, and her use of dissolvable sutures helps to achieve excellent healing with limited discomfort.
How much does a Labiaplasty Cost in Melbourne? – Surgery Costs & Hospital Fees
Dr Carmen’s team will provide you a personalised fee for your surgery depending on the type of procedure, hospital fees and whether you want to stay overnight in hospital.
An approximate fee range for your labiaplasty surgery can be provided over the phone when you speak to a Patient Care Advisor. We also provide information on different methods of payment.
At your initial consultation, you will be given a detailed quote for your procedure. This will include a Surgeon’s fee, Anaesthetist fee, Surgical Assistant fee and the hospital fees.
Find out more about Labiaplasty Payment plans, Prices and Consultation Fees
Your Consultation with Dr Carmen
At your pre-operative consultation Dr Carmen Munteanu will listen carefully to your questions and goals, and conduct an examination before advising of your options and her recommendations. If you have any concerns, please don’t be shy about bringing them up with Dr Carmen! There’s no such thing as a silly question.
Surgical Risks and possible complications of surgery will be discussed in detail with you at the consultation with Dr Carmen
Risks and Complications of Labia Surgery
Every surgery has some risks and possible complications.
Dr Carmen will cover the potential risks and complications during your consultation as part of your informed consent. She will also explain the measures she will take in order to reduce your risks as much as possible.
Possible complications of surgery include the following:
- Complications related to general anaesthetic or side effects of drugs used in hospital
- Bleeding – reduced by preoperative testing of possible blood anomalies, accurate technique, use of drains, particular dressings, compressive garments
- Infection – prevented/reduced by judicious use of antibiotics, good surgical technique, modern sealing dressings, appropriate care, advice
- Abnormal or asymmetrical scarring– Many scars can be improved if approached in the right time frame in the right way.
- Fluid build-up or seroma
- Other risks include – Numbness and Pain, Wound breakdown and delayed healing, unsightly or keloid Scarring,
- Serious complications such as possible Heart attack, Deep Vein Thrombosis, Pulmonary Embolism
For more information about risks of surgery and possible complications
Things you can do to minimise your risks and complications of surgery
- Read all your surgical documents and follow instructions of your surgeon precisely – rest & Allow time to heal, wear your compression garments as instructed, avoid removing your own bandages or touching at the incision site until it has healed properly.
- Do NOT Smoke at all during the surgical journey – especially critical in the periods before and after surgery
- Be accurate and upfront about ALL your medications, supplements and vitamins that you are currently taking – Tell both Dr Carmen and your anaesthetist
- When providing your medical history give specific details about ANY past difficulties you have had with surgery, anaesthesia, hospital visits or healing
- Thorough pre-washing of your own body prior to surgery can reduce skin bacteria and risk of infection.
- Successful surgical outcomes are the result of a number of considerations – realistic surgical goals, realistic patient expectations, and a good knowledge and understanding of possible risks and complications.
Further Reading – Medical References
- Patient- Labiaplasties – what are they and are they ever medically necessary?
- Aesthetic Surgery Journal- A Retrospective Study of the Psychological Outcomes of Labiaplasty
- American Society of Plastic Surgeon- What is a labiaplasty? Female Genital Procedures
- Aesthetic Surgery Journal- Motivations, Expectations, and Experiences of Labiaplasty: A Qualitative Study
Dr Carmen Munteanu – Specialist Plastic Surgeon
Dr Carmen Munteanu MD. FRACS (Plas) is a very skilled and compassionate Specialist Plastic Surgeon based in Melbourne’s eastern suburbs.
She is one of Melbourne’s most experienced and sought-after female Plastic Surgeons specialising in aesthetic breast surgery and body contouring. That includes Breast Reduction, Breast Lift, Breast Implant Surgery and Body Surgery.
With over 25 years of surgical experience in Plastic Surgery, Dr Carmen firmly believes that a good surgeon is first a good doctor. She will always take into consideration all the health aspects and personal circumstances of each patient.
A dedicated Specialist Plastic and Cosmetic Surgeon, Dr Carmen is renowned for providing exceptional care, support and helping achieve realistic goals for her patients.
Always Do Your Research
- Download our Procedure Guides to find out more about your surgery
- Please read our website to learn more about your intended procedure
Do you need a Medical Referral to see Dr Carmen?
- A medical referral is helpful but NOT essential for purely cosmetic consultations.
- Please obtain a referral from your GP or Specialist if you want a consultation for an MBS item number surgery.
- Please note that your Medicare Rebates will NOT be claimable without a valid recent Referral
Making The Most Of Your Consultation
- Please arrive slightly early for your in-person consultation with Dr Carmen – Carparking is available on site in Mitcham
- You are welcome to bring a friend or relative to help consider the information and discuss your options
- Please be aware you may need to undress for a physical exam so wear simple clothes
- Ensure you also take a lot of notes during the consultation and thoroughly examine all the documents provided
Want more information before scheduling your consultation?
- Find out more about pricing, medical payment plans and paying for your surgery
- Request more information about the procedure – call or contact us
How to Book Your Consultation with Dr Carmen
- You can book your initial consultation with Dr Carmen Munteanu by paying the $275 cosmetic consultation fee in advance – when you make your appointment.
Email us for more information: email@example.com