Skin Cancer Removal
Dr Carmen Munteanu now focuses exclusively on Breast and Body Lift Cosmetic Surgery and NO longer offers Skin Cancer Removal, BCC, SCC or Skin Lesion Removal.
Dr Carmen suggests you contact plastic surgeon Dr Marc Seifman for minor skin surgery on 1300 653 136 .
For the treatment of non-melanoma skin cancer, the success rate is high provided the cancer is detected and treated early by an experienced plastic surgeon.
Further Reading – medical references
- ASPS USA Article on BCC/SCC Removal
- Mayoclinic- Skin Cancer: Diagnosis and Treatment
- Perlmutter Cancer Center – Surgical Procedures for Basal & Squamous Cell Skin Cancers
- Cancers Treatment Centers of America- Surgery for skin cancer
Patients who have undergone skin cancer removal have a higher risk of developing further skin cancers. For this reason, it is essential to continue self-examination of any skin abnormalities, and to visit your doctor regularly for check-ups.
Dr Carmen Munteanu – Specialist Plastic Surgeon
Dr Carmen Munteanu MD. FRACS (Plas) is a very skilled and compassionate Specialist Plastic Surgeon based in Melbourne’s eastern suburbs.
She is one of Melbourne’s most experienced and sought-after female Plastic Surgeons specialising in aesthetic breast surgery and body contouring. That includes Breast Reduction, Breast Lift, Breast Implant Surgery and Body Surgery.
With over 25 years of surgical experience in Plastic Surgery, Dr Carmen firmly believes that a good surgeon is first a good doctor. She will always take into consideration all the health aspects and personal circumstances of each patient.
A dedicated Specialist Plastic and Cosmetic Surgeon, Dr Carmen is renowned for providing exceptional care, support and helping achieve realistic goals for her patients.
Always Do Your Research
- Download our Procedure Guides to find out more about your surgery
- Please read our website to learn more about your intended procedure
Do you need a Medical Referral to see Dr Carmen?
- A medical referral is helpful but NOT essential for purely cosmetic consultations.
- Please obtain a referral from your GP or Specialist if you want a consultation for an MBS item number surgery.
- Please note that your Medicare Rebates will NOT be claimable without a valid recent Referral
Making The Most Of Your Consultation
- Please arrive slightly early for your in-person consultation with Dr Carmen – Carparking is available on site in Mitcham
- You are welcome to bring a friend or relative to help consider the information and discuss your options
- Please be aware you may need to undress for a physical exam so wear simple clothes
- Ensure you also take a lot of notes during the consultation and thoroughly examine all the documents provided
Want more information before scheduling your consultation?
- Find out more about pricing, medical payment plans and paying for your surgery
- Request more information about the procedure – call or contact us
How to Book Your Consultation with Dr Carmen
- You can book your initial consultation with Dr Carmen Munteanu by paying the $275 cosmetic consultation fee in advance – when you make your appointment.
Email us for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org