The 7 Body Lift Myths about Body Contouring surgery
Body lift surgery after significant weight loss can be life-changing. Reducing excess loose skin and tissue can help improve your confidence, your lifestyle and make it easier to exercise. Having realistic expectations is key – Here are the 7 Body Lift Myths to consider before surgery
Myth 1 – My body lift surgery will make me look 10 years younger
Be realistic – you are the age you are, body contouring surgery cannot turn back the clock you will receive many complements post the surgery but it can’t erase your physical years it can however make you the very best shape for the lifestyle you need to enjoy the life you have.
Myth 2 – One and done surgery – I will have everything fixed in just one go and achieve the perfect result
The body you envisage might take more than one surgery to achieve. Due to everyone’s individual shape and needs. There are specific areas that can be dealt with within one surgery others will need more than one surgery or even a first and second stage operation to achieve the best outcome.
Myth 3 – Scarless – l will have no scars and look like a supermodel
All surgery leaves scars. You will have scars, usually fine white lines which are eventually hardly noticeable, often hidden within the shape of your body but unfortunately, not all scars can be hidden. The speciality of plastic surgery is one where surgical scarring is reduced as much as possible using the best techniques products and equipment to provide the best surgical outcome.
Myth 4 – Surgery will fix my relationship issues and find me a new partner
Body contouring surgery cannot provide you the partner in life that you have been searching for, but it can raise your self-esteem to allow you the confidence needed to achieve that goal.
Myth 5 – It’s Easy – My post-op healing will be easy and won’t impact my life and my responsibilities at all
Be aware of all the responsibilities you currently have such as family, dependent children, pets, jobs etc you will need to recruit help to manage any pre-existing responsibilities to enable you to focus on your surgery and recovery.
Myth 6 – Instant Results – I will get instantaneous and miraculous results from body surgery
Body lift surgery is not a quick fix. Recovery from major surgery takes many weeks and it can be many months before the final effect of surgery is achieved.
Myth 7 – The reason I am having surgery because my friend or partner thinks I should
Body contouring surgery is something you should choose for yourself, of course it will make your relationship and commitment to your partner and children easier, but it should be about you, your choices and your self-esteem. Think of it as investing in you, in the same way that you have invested so much in others.
What Are The Benefits Of Body Surgery?
The very best outcome can be achieved with a commitment to diet and recommended activity regime in partnership with wound healing and surgical care.
Most patients feel better and more confident after opting for body surgery. You will benefit from both a functional improvement and aesthetic improvement.
You will have less loose skin and may suffer from less skin irritation, but it is important to emphasize the psychological factor, which is the greatest benefit experienced by most patients.
Further Reading – Medical References
How Body Lift Surgery Can Help
Common Body Lift Surgeries include
- Upper Body lift – reduce saggy skin around the arms, breast and upper back.
- Lower Body lift – reduce saggy loose skin around the waist, lower back and thighs.
- Breast Reduction
- Extended Abdominoplasty
- Belt lipectomy Surgery
- Fleur De Lis Abdominoplasty Surgery
- Arm lift
- Thigh Lift
How We Can Help
At Aesthetik Profile we provide the very best team approach to support you through your journey in every way. We provide a holistic team approach and are known for our warm and welcoming approach to guide you towards the body you want.
Dr Carmen Munteanu – Specialist Plastic Surgeon
Dr Carmen Munteanu MD. FRACS (Plas) is a very skilled and compassionate Specialist Plastic Surgeon based in Melbourne’s eastern suburbs.
She is one of Melbourne’s most experienced and sought-after female Plastic Surgeons specialising in aesthetic breast surgery and body contouring. That includes Breast Reduction, Breast Lift, Breast Implant Surgery and Body Surgery.
With over 25 years of surgical experience in Plastic Surgery, Dr Carmen firmly believes that a good surgeon is first a good doctor. She will always take into consideration all the health aspects and personal circumstances of each patient.
A dedicated Specialist Plastic and Cosmetic Surgeon, Dr Carmen is renowned for providing exceptional care, support and helping achieve realistic goals for her patients.
Always Do Your Research
- Download our Procedure Guides to find out more about your surgery
- Please read our website to learn more about your intended procedure
Do you need a Medical Referral to see Dr Carmen?
- A medical referral is helpful but NOT essential for purely cosmetic consultations.
- Please obtain a referral from your GP or Specialist if you want a consultation for an MBS item number surgery.
- Please note that your Medicare Rebates will NOT be claimable without a valid recent Referral
Making The Most Of Your Consultation
- Please arrive slightly early for your in-person consultation with Dr Carmen – Carparking is available on site in Mitcham
- You are welcome to bring a friend or relative to help consider the information and discuss your options
- Please be aware you may need to undress for a physical exam so wear simple clothes
- Ensure you also take a lot of notes during the consultation and thoroughly examine all the documents provided
Want more information before scheduling your consultation?
- Find out more about pricing, medical payment plans and paying for your surgery
- Request more information about the procedure – call or contact us
How to Book Your Consultation with Dr Carmen
- You can book your initial consultation with Dr Carmen Munteanu by paying the $275 cosmetic consultation fee in advance – when you make your appointment.
Email us for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org