Low-Level Light Therapy – Healite II in Melbourne
Low-Level Light Therapy (LLLT) is a revolutionary LED light system to promote tissue healing, acute and chronic pain relief, as well as treat skin imperfections.
This rejuvenating skin treatment improves post-inflammatory scarring, fine lines and wrinkles, as well as helps to minimise acne breakouts. Post-treatment, you will experience smoother skin and a reduction in redness and inflammation.
Download Dr Carmen’s Guide to Healite LED LLT Rejuvenation
Healite light therapy is a non-invasive treatment for rejuvenating healthy skin
The desire for minimally invasive treatments is on the rise with more than a billion dollars spent internationally since 2010.
As social platforms such as Instagram and Snapchat have increased in popularity, celebrities are sharing snaps of themselves undergoing treatment. The most often cited example of this are the Kardashian sisters. When these celebrities vicariously endorse a product by taking a selfie during treatment, hundreds of thousands of people suddenly take notice.
Subtle, minimally invasive treatments which produce results quickly are always popular
LED light therapy can produce a variety of results depending on your skin concerns and tailored treatment. Two of the more popular treatment options are:
- Red light therapy: this is an effective treatment for lines and wrinkles.
- Blue light therapy: this effectively treats acne and other associated skin complaints.
The treatment duration is typically 40 – 60 minutes, dependent on the severity of the skin concerns and your desired outcome.
As an effective and minimally invasive treatment for acne scars, lines and wrinkles as well as dermatitis, LED light therapy may require 6 -12 treatments to achieve optimal results.
Low-Level Light Therapy treatment
Low-Level Light Therapy is a phototherapy system using light emitting diodes in precise wavelengths delivered onto the treatment site. This light energy is converted into cell energy, stimulating and activating cellular processes deep within the skin layers.
The red LED light stimulates collagen production and acts as a skin hydrating and anti-ageing agent. The improved cellular activity will draw moisture, add volume and is particularly effective for reducing pore size.
The blue LED light effectively treats acne scars and neutralises bacteria with a combined anti-inflammatory and tissue healing agent.
What can Healite LLLT treat?
The Low-level light therapy helps:
- Reduce fine lines and wrinkles
- Stimulate and regenerate collagen and elastin
- Repair skin damage, aids in wound healing and scar prevention
- Increase cellular activity, circulation
- Reduce photoaging, sun damage, age spots
- Attack acne-causing bacteria
- Reduce inflammation, redness, and erythema
- Reduce scars and uneven skin texture
- Treat Dermatitis, Psoriasis, Vitiligo
- Reduce pore size
What are the benefits of LED light therapy?
LED light therapy has a range of benefits including:
- Non-ablative (doesn’t damage your skin)
- Minimally invasive
- Chemical free
- Considered to be safe for all skin types
- Speeds the healing process of scars
The technology was originally developed by NASA and has been in aesthetic use for over 30 years. Dr Carmen will determine your skin type, a tailored treatment plan and address any concerns during your initial consultation.
Healite II Clinical Studies
The Healite II is TGA listed and there are conducted trials & clinical studies to back up their results. To see the published literature associated with Healite II click here.
When will I see and feel the results?
Patients will see visible results after the first session; however, it is highly recommended to undergo a series of sessions to enhance treatment outcome.
Healite Skin Analysis and Treatment plan
It is always important when considering any treatment to discuss your options with your plastic surgeon.
Dr Carmen Munteanu will take the time to perform a skin analysis and recommend the ideal treatment plan tailored to your skin, as well as address the treatment process and expected results.
If you would like to know more about how Dr Carmen Munteanu can help you, or to book an appointment, please contact us today.
Further Reading – Medical References
Dr Carmen Munteanu – Specialist Plastic Surgeon
Dr Carmen Munteanu MD. FRACS (Plas) is a very skilled and compassionate Specialist Plastic Surgeon based in Melbourne’s eastern suburbs.
She is one of Melbourne’s most experienced and sought-after female Plastic Surgeons specialising in aesthetic breast surgery and body contouring. That includes Breast Reduction, Breast Lift, Breast Implant Surgery and Body Surgery.
With over 25 years of surgical experience in Plastic Surgery, Dr Carmen firmly believes that a good surgeon is first a good doctor. She will always take into consideration all the health aspects and personal circumstances of each patient.
A dedicated Specialist Plastic and Cosmetic Surgeon, Dr Carmen is renowned for providing exceptional care, support and helping achieve realistic goals for her patients.
Always Do Your Research
- Download our Procedure Guides to find out more about your surgery
- Please read our website to learn more about your intended procedure
Do you need a Medical Referral to see Dr Carmen?
- A medical referral is helpful but NOT essential for purely cosmetic consultations.
- Please obtain a referral from your GP or Specialist if you want a consultation for an MBS item number surgery.
- Please note that your Medicare Rebates will NOT be claimable without a valid recent Referral
Making The Most Of Your Consultation
- Please arrive slightly early for your in-person consultation with Dr Carmen – Carparking is available on site in Mitcham
- You are welcome to bring a friend or relative to help consider the information and discuss your options
- Please be aware you may need to undress for a physical exam so wear simple clothes
- Ensure you also take a lot of notes during the consultation and thoroughly examine all the documents provided
Want more information before scheduling your consultation?
- Find out more about pricing, medical payment plans and paying for your surgery
- Request more information about the procedure – call or contact us
How to Book Your Consultation with Dr Carmen
- You can book your initial consultation with Dr Carmen Munteanu by paying the $275 cosmetic consultation fee in advance – when you make your appointment.
Email us for more information: email@example.com