DermaPen is a minimally invasive, collagen-inducing tool designed to improve various skin imperfections.
Known for a long time, just perfected with current technology, this treatment has attracted worldwide attention for its skin rejuvenating and healing benefits.
When it comes to improving the appearance of your skin, minimally invasive treatments with next-to-no downtime are always the popular option. The DermaPen device creates micro-point channels in the skin, guided by Dr Carmen or our highly experienced cosmetic therapist. The body perceives this as damaged skin and stimulates the healing process, including collagen and elastin production.
DermaPen Skin Needling Melbourne
Whether you want to eliminate wrinkles, reduce acne scars, pigmentation, or other skin imperfections, the DermaPen could be the treatment for you
What skin conditions can DermaPen skin needling treat?
As a registered trademarked device, DermaPen has been clinically proven to improve a variety of skin complaints, including:
- Acne scars
- Large scars, including C-Section scars
- Accidental scars
- Traumatic scars
- Surgical scars
- Uneven skin texture
- Skin rejuvenation
How does DermaPen skin needling work?
Your body naturally assumes wrinkles and scars are repaired skin. The DermaPen skin needling device creates micro-point channels in the skin to help reactivate the healing process and trigger collagen production. Over time, the micro-needling stimulation can achieve a more radiant, and smooth complexion.
The benefits of DermaPen Skin Needling
DermaRoller vs. DermaPen?
DermaRoller technology uses a wheel of needles that is rolled onto the skin. This method causes the skin to tear more easily, creating unnecessary trauma.
In comparison to other roller appliances, DermaPen uses a sterilised micro-needle to stimulate the body’s natural healing process. Using a vertical stamping technique, damaged skin cells are infused with rejuvenating elements without epidermal damage. For this reason, minimal downtime is expected.
How many DermaPen treatments do I need?
Prior to your treatment, Dr Carmen will perform a skin analysis, and provide you with a personalised treatment plan based on your unique circumstances and desired outcomes.
Under the supervision of Dr Carmen, the DermaPen can be adjusted to different depths and speed for a more intensive purifying and correcting effect. This is not available in a salon setting. To achieve optimum results, patients are recommended to have a minimum of three treatments, as well as maintenance on a monthly basis.
When will I see results?
Patients typically see a noticeable improvement in the skin after the initial treatment. However, significant results are usually visible after six to eight weeks. It is recommended that your skin is prepared and assessed according to your conditions in order to achieve the desired outcome.
About Dr Carmen Munteanu – Specialist Plastic Surgeon
Dr Carmen has 25 years of expertise in breast & tummy surgery as well as excess skin removal for weight-loss patients. Her favourite surgery is Breast Reduction. She also has significant experience in using fat transfer & fat grafting processes to the breast for augmentation and enhancement.
Dr Carmen is a FRACS Plastic & Reconstructive Surgeon – she is a Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons.
She is a precise surgeon and customises her surgery procedures and placement of surgical incision lines for each patient to get the best outcomes.
Caring and engaging, Dr Carmen is highly regarded by her peers and patients.
Always Do Your Research
- Download our Procedure Guides to find out more about your surgery
- Please read our website to learn more about your intended procedure
Do you need a Medical Referral to see Dr Carmen?
- A medical referral is helpful but NOT essential for purely cosmetic consultations.
- Please obtain a referral from your GP or Specialist if you want a consultation for an MBS item number surgery.
- Please note that your Medicare Rebates will NOT be claimable without a valid recent Referral
Making The Most Of Your Consultation
- Please arrive slightly early for your in-person consultation with Dr Carmen – Carparking is available on site in Mitcham
- You are welcome to bring a friend or relative to help consider the information and discuss your options
- Please be aware you may need to undress for a physical exam so wear simple clothes
- Ensure you also take a lot of notes during the consultation and thoroughly examine all the documents provided
Want more information before scheduling your consultation?
- Find out more about consultation pricing, payment plans and paying for surgery here
- Request more information about the procedure – call or contact us
- Book your initial consultation with Dr Carmen Munteanu Specialist Plastic Surgeon
Email us for more information: email@example.com