Dermal fillers are the key to helping reverse the signs of aging, contour and rejuvenate your facial appearance.
As we get older, one of the biggest factors that age the face is caused by a decrease in collagen and elastin, sun exposure, and the natural loss of subcutaneous fat. This is where facial muscles work more closely with the skin surface, resulting in the formation of smile lines, jowls and crow’s feet.
The facial skin also stretches, causing a drawn, hollow appearance notably under the eyes. The problem is not the bagginess and tired look – the problem is due to the loss of fat beneath it.
Dermal Fillers in Melbourne
However, the signs of ageing do not have to be inevitable. Although wrinkles and heavy creases may still appear despite your best efforts, you can use dermal fillers in these areas as a simple treatment that dramatically removes that tired, drawn look.
What can dermal fillers treat?
Dermal fillers help to diminish facial lines, restore volume and fullness in the face. This treatment is specially administered into your skin to:
- Plump and reshape thin lips
- Straighten your nose
- Enhance cheekbones
- Fill in the chin
- Enhance shallow contours
- Soften out facial wrinkles and creases
- Improve the appearance of recessed scars
- Smooth your facial tissue
- Rejuvenate your facial appearance
- Reverse the signs of ageing
Fuller lips with dermal fillers
Most people choose dermal fillers as a great way to enhance and reshape their lips. The dermal filler is administered into the lips using specially designed techniques, such as tunnelling and threading. These techniques stimulate the gradual production of collagen, promoting the full effect over the period of 4 to 6 weeks.
In order to minimise pain and discomfort, an anaesthetic is provided before treatment. While minor redness and swelling can occur, this will subside over 1 week.
Treating wrinkles with dermal fillers
Facial ageing wrinkles and creases generally appear due to the loss of some natural acids within the body. Dermal fillers are an effective way to reverse this process and rejuvenate the face. The treatment involves gently administering the dermal filler into the facial skin to achieve a plumper and youthful appearance, without the need for surgical procedures.
A single treatment usually lasts between 6 to 12 months, depending on your treatment plan. Dr Carmen Munteanu will discuss your treatment in detail, expected results and aftercare, as well as answer all of your questions.
Are dermal fillers safe to use?
Yes, dermal fillers are an effective and safe treatment solution due to its compatibility with the human body. In fact, the substances within dermal fillers are naturally present in the body, acting as a network of transfer for essential nutrients from the bloodstream to skin cells.
About Dr Carmen Munteanu – Specialist Plastic Surgeon
Dr Carmen has 25 years of expertise in breast & tummy surgery as well as excess skin removal for weight-loss patients. Her favourite surgery is Breast Reduction. She also has significant experience in using fat transfer & fat grafting processes to the breast for augmentation and enhancement.
Dr Carmen is a FRACS Plastic & Reconstructive Surgeon – she is a Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons.
She is a precise surgeon and customises her surgery procedures and placement of surgical incision lines for each patient to get the best outcomes.
Caring and engaging, Dr Carmen is highly regarded by her peers and patients.
Always Do Your Research
- Download our Procedure Guides to find out more about your surgery
- Please read our website to learn more about your intended procedure
Do you need a Medical Referral to see Dr Carmen?
- A medical referral is helpful but NOT essential for purely cosmetic consultations.
- Please obtain a referral from your GP or Specialist if you want a consultation for an MBS item number surgery.
- Please note that your Medicare Rebates will NOT be claimable without a valid recent Referral
Making The Most Of Your Consultation
- Please arrive slightly early for your in-person consultation with Dr Carmen – Carparking is available on site in Mitcham
- You are welcome to bring a friend or relative to help consider the information and discuss your options
- Please be aware you may need to undress for a physical exam so wear simple clothes
- Ensure you also take a lot of notes during the consultation and thoroughly examine all the documents provided
Want more information before scheduling your consultation?
- Find out more about consultation pricing, payment plans and paying for surgery here
- Request more information about the procedure – call or contact us
- Book your initial consultation with Dr Carmen Munteanu Specialist Plastic Surgeon
Email us for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org