CoolSculpting Treatment in Melbourne
CoolSculpting is a simple, easy and natural alternative to liposuction which can eliminate stubborn fat from your body without the needles, surgery, lasers or downtime.
While diet and exercise can reduce the size of the fat cells in your body, it cannot eliminate them; CoolSculpting can. This clinically proven and patented process works by freezing and then eliminating stubborn fat cells from your body without causing any damage to your skin. After the treatment the crystallised fat cells break down and will then be naturally eliminated from your body over the coming weeks.
“Nine out of 10 patients who undergo CoolSculpting have an undeniable reduction in fat after just one treatment.”
Prior to your treatment, we will undertake a full body analysis, and provide you with a personalised treatment plan based on your unique circumstances and desired outcomes. During the treatment a device is positioned on your body and the cooling is applied. You are free to read, check your emails, or even enjoy a cat nap while you undergo treatment, and it’s so non-invasive that you should find you are able to return to work and normal activities immediately.
What is Coolsculpting?
Coolsculpting is a non-surgical fat reduction fat-freezing procedure that uses controlled cooling to eliminate stubborn fat that can’t be removed through diet and exercise.
CoolSculpting uses controlled cooling to target and kill stubborn fat cells in a process known as cryolipolysis. In the weeks following your treatment, your body will naturally process the collapsed fat cells and eliminate them naturally. As the fat cells eliminated by CoolSculpting are gone for good, it provides long-term results.
The groundbreaking treatment was founded by Harvard Scientists who noticed some children who ate ice blocks got dimples in their cheeks. This led the research to find that the ice blocks were freezing and eliminating small pockets of fat. And thus, the Cryolipolysis, which the Coolsculpting procedure is based, was born.
Want to remove your stubborn unwanted fat?
If you are looking for a minimally invasive treatment with low downtime and tried and tested results, Coolsculpting could be the treatment for you.
This treatment has gained popularity in the last 10 years as more and more people realise just how effective and easy Coolsculpting is. As a minimally invasive alternative to liposuction, patients can achieve their desired look without the fear of scarring or downtime.
Cool sculpting, also known as cryolipolysis or ‘fat freezing’ is a non-invasive, non-surgical medical procedure that helps to remove pockets of extra adipose cells (fat cells) from beneath your skin.
Cool sculpting involves cooling fat to freezing temperature to sculpt your body and remove unwanted fat cells. It helps in removing small amounts of extra fat that are resistant to your other efforts to lose weight such as food restriction and exercise. Cool sculpting is however not a treatment for obesity, but is a procedure to help previously obese people achieve their ideal contoured body.
Various studies have shown Cool sculpting to be one of the most effective non-invasive fat reduction procedure.
Am I suitable for CoolSculpting?
The ideal patient is normally between five and 15 kilograms over their ideal weight, and has stubborn pockets of fat which they have been unable to shift through exercise and diet.
That said, it is also suitable for very fit people whose bodies naturally have a tendency to store fat in one area such as the lower abdomen, or ‘love handles’.
CoolSculpting is suitable for both men and women.
Cool sculpting may be the procedure for you if:
- You are looking to getting rid of stubborn areas of fat in your body.
- You want to get rid of excess fat but do not want to undergo surgery for it.
- You are in a healthy weight range, and are looking only to get rid of stubborn fat; not as a treatment for obesity.
- You want to give your body a chiseled look and feel confident in your clothing.
- Conventional methods of getting rid of fats like exercising and diet control have not been able to reduce extra fat.
Book a consultation today if you are any of the candidates mentioned above for the procedure.
What are the Benefits of CoolSculpting?
- It is a totally non-invasive procedure, so you will neither need to be anesthetized, nor will you need a single incision be made on your body.
- It has no associated downtime, meaning that you are good to continue with your daily activities immediately after the surgery.
- The results after cool sculpting are natural and permanent. Once cool sculpting kills your fat cells, they do not come back.
- Gets rid of stubborn fat which exercising and dieting didn’t help you to lose.
- The result gives you a confidence boost and motivates you to lead healthy a lifestyle.
You should discuss your conditions and the benefits of undergoing cool sculpting before going through with the procedure to see if the procedure is the correct fit for you.
Coolsculpting Before and After Photos of Real Patients
How does CoolSculpting treatment work?
The Coolsculpting machine targets and eliminates the fat cells by gently freezing the treatment area under controlled suction. Over time the fats cells are crystallised, die and then your body naturally dissolves the fat, leaving your treated area more sculpted.
CoolSculpting uses controlled cooling to target and kill stubborn fat cells. In the weeks following your treatment, your body will naturally process the collapsed fat cells and eliminate them naturally. As the fat cells eliminated by CoolSculpting are gone for good, it provides long-term results.
To see some of the results of this treatment visit Coolsculpting Australia’s website.
Depending on your desired outcome, you may require more than one Coolsculpting treatment. When you discuss your options with Dr Carmen at Aesthetik Profile, she can advise you as to the best way to proceed with treatment.
Which areas can be treated with CoolSculpting?
The procedure is mainly used for treating the abdomen, ‘love handles’, the back, and the bra strap area, but it may also be suitable to be used on other areas such as your neck, knees, upper arms, outer thighs and inner thighs. We will be able to advise you of the suitability of the area you are wishing treat after an examination.
How many CoolSculpting treatments do I need?
The majority of patients will only require one or two CoolSculpting treatments to achieve good results. In fact, many are very happy with the results achieved in just one treatment.
About The Coolsculpting Procedure – Cryolipolysis
- The area of treatment will be thoroughly cleansed. You may require a topical anesthetic.
- A cooling gel will be then applied to the cleansed area.
- An applicator will be then placed on the targeted area, which provides controlled cooling to the area.
- Your provider will then move the applicator over your skin and turn on the Cool sculpting device which through its concavity vacuums the fat cells and freezes it.
- The session lasts for about an hour, after which the applicator will be removed from the area and the area will be cleaned off the gel.
- You will be applied a massage on the treated area, to breakdown any frozen deep tissue.
You may experience the feeling of pull on the procedure area but the procedure, in general, involves minimal pain. Mild to moderate discomfort after the procedure resolves within a few days. Slight bruising and swelling at the site of the procedure may be present after the surgery, which heals itself within 3-4 days.
It is done on a daycare basis and is associated with no downtime. You will be able to go home on the day of the procedure and continue with your normal activities. In most cases, only one session of treatment is required but 2 -3 follow-up treatments might be needed if you want additional sculpturing to your body.
The results are permanent, fat cells once destroyed won’t come back on their own but the results may be affected by weight gain and pregnancy.
Your Coolsculpting Journey to a more sculpted look
Consultation forms the first phase of your cool sculpting journey. Here you will have an in-depth discussion with your care provider about the procedure to see if you meet the criteria to undergo the procedure. Your care provider will take a detailed medical history and inquire whether you have a sensitivity to cold; or are suffering from Raynaud’s Disease. The provider will also ask you about your goals for the procedure. Here you need to be honest and reasonable about your expectations. This can help you in getting your desired outcome.
You will be explained the modality of the procedure in full, along with the risks involved. You should be inquisitive as much as possible, and ask if you have any queries or doubts.
You will be expected to refrain from using aspirin or other blood-thinning to prevent excessive bruising.
This is the second phase of your journey. The procedure of cool sculpting does not require you to get anesthetized, however topical anesthetic may be used if deemed necessary.
The treatment area will be thoroughly cleansed and a cooling gel pad will be applied to that area;
An applicator will be then placed on the targeted area and moved over your skin which provides controlled cooling after turning on the Cool sculpting device. The concavity present in the applicator vacuums the fats cells and freezes them. After an hour the applicator will be removed, the area will be cleansed of gel and you will get a massage to break any frozen deep tissue.
It is done on a day case basis and is associated with no downtime. You will be able to go home on the day of the procedure and continue with your normal activities
Mild to moderate discomfort after the procedure resolves within a few days.
Slight bruising and swelling at the site of the procedure may be present after the surgery, which heals itself within 3-4 days.
In most cases, only one session of treatment is required but 2 -3 follow-up treatments might be needed if you want additional sculpturing to your body.
The results are permanent, fat cells once destroyed won’t come back on its own but the results maybe affected by weight gain and pregnancy.
Is Coolsculpting really worth it?
It is a relatively easy, non-invasive outpatient procedure which takes only about an hour to complete, with no downtime it removes excessive stubborn fat from areas of your body which years of exercising and diet control have not been able to get rid of, giving your body a chiseled slim look.
If you wish to get rid of those stubborn fat and want it done without having to undergo the hassle of surgery or anesthesia, cool sculpting is an excellent option for you and is definitely worth it.
Celebrities who are thought to use CoolSculpting or Cryolipolysis.
Many celebrities undergo cosmetic procedures to improve their appearances. Cryolipolysis is one of the more popular procedures, with who’s who of show business undergoing coolsculpting to further enhance their looks.
- Jennifer Aniston: Jennifer Aniston is said to have said in an interview that she loves lasers and non-invasive procedures and has used cool sculpture to get rid of stubborn fat from her body.
- Kim and Khloe Kardashian: The reality television stars, famous for procuring many kinds of different plastic and cosmetic surgery procedures love the fat freezing treatment and are said to have undergone multiple Coolsculpting sessions.
- Lindsay Lohan : Lindsay Lohan has been quite vocal about the procedure and has gone as far as giving rave reviews about the procedure in a youtube video.
- Ali Landry , Miss USA 1996, Ali Landry underwent Cool sculpting for her belly and found the procedure to be effective yet relaxing.
Coolsculpting FAQs – Frequently Asked Questions about Coolsculpting
What is Coolsculpting?
- Cool sculpting, also known as cryolipolysis or ‘fat freezing’ is an FDA-approved noninvasive, nonsurgical medical procedure that helps remove pockets of stubborn fat cells from beneath your skin.
- Unwanted pockets of excess fats beneath your skin are frozen and destroyed using a handheld applicator, thus getting rid of stubborn fat which would not go away despite diet control and rigorous exercising; giving you a lean chiseled look.
What results can I expect from Coolsculpting?
- This treatment will help those already on their way to their ideal body weight/shape. It is important to keep in mind that this is not a weight loss solution. As minimally invasive, The procedure is a tried and tested method of removing stubborn pockets of fat. If you require more extensive treatment, Aesthetik Profile offers weight loss solutions. To find out more about Coolsculpting and how Aesthetik Profile can help you, please contact us today.
Does Coolsculpting actually work?
- Studies have shown CoolSculpting to be an effective fat reduction procedure. It is an FDA approved procedure since 2010 and is one of the more popular fat removal procedure. Though it may seem to be too good to be true, there is an underlying science behind it. An applicator connected to a Cool sculpting device functioning at a temperature range of 39- 41 F, freezes fat cells. Once the fat cells have died they are cycled out of the body by the lymphatic system over a period of few weeks and are excreted as wastes from the body.
What body areas of the body can be treated with Cool sculpting?
- Cool sculpting removes unwanted stubborn fat on the most common problem areas of your body. Each treatment non-invasively removes fat cells permanently, tightens, tones, and contours the skin around the Stomach, Buttocks, Inner and Outer Thighs, Saddlebags, Arms, Upper and Lower Back, Bra-Bulge, Waistline, Hips Flanks, Love handles and helps get rid of double chin as well.
Does cool sculpting work on a double chin?
- Yes, the Cool Sculpting treatment is able to treat fat bulges under your jaw. You can have the fat frozen away from your chin area get your double chin removed in the same manner as any other Cool Sculpting treatment.
How do I get the best results from Cool sculpting?
- Massaging the area of the procedure right after Cool Sculpting for at least five minutes improves fat reductions in your body. Vibrational therapy can also help In enhancing circulation. This stimulates lymphatic drainage of the dead fat cells.
- Repeated treatment: The second session of Cool sculpting can be done six weeks after the initial treatment. It allows getting into deeper layers of fat tissue in your body. Hence resulting in faster fat reduction and maximizing results
Can Cryolipolysis be used for weight loss?
- Although CoolSculpting is not designed specifically to lower a person’s weight, through the expulsion of fat from the body, patients normally achieve a more contoured, curvaceous and balanced figure which can make them feel more confident and comfortable with their body shape.
Do I need to continue to exercise and watch what I eat after the cryolipolysis treatment?
- While the procedure does permanently remove fat cells from the treated area, if you eat in excess and don’t exercise, it is possible that your body will start to store new fat in other areas of the body. To ensure the longevity of your results, it’s important to continue with a healthy and active lifestyle after your CoolSculpting treatment.
How cool is a Cool sculpting device? Doesn’t the cooling affect other parts of the body?
- The cool sculpting device uses temperatures between 39- 41 F. This range of temperatures is just enough to freeze the dead fat cells in your body.
- No, it does not harm other tissues of the body as the temperature range is not too low to harm other tissues.
Is Coolsculpting and cryolipolysis the same thing?
- They are similar. Cool sculpting removes excess fat cells in your body by the process called cryolipolysis. Cool sculpting is the only FDA approved brand name for the procedure of cryolipolysis. Other devices like Cooltech also use the process of cryolipolysis.
Where does the fat go after cool sculpting?
- The fat cells destroyed by the process of cryolipolysis are cycled out of the body as waste products by the lymphatic system in your body. This process occurs over a period of weeks or months.
Is the result of cool sculpting permanent?
- Yes, the results obtained after cool sculpting are regarded as permanent as fat cells die, however, the results may be affected by pregnancy and further weight gain.
Does Cryolipolysis replace liposuction?
- If you wish to target a few troublesome areas of fat on your body, The procedure offers a non-invasive alternative to liposuction. However, should you have large volumes of fat, liposuction may still be the best choice to consider.
Does CoolSculpting hurt?
- Most patients find the treatment is quite comfortable. Patients may notice a tugging or pulling sensation as the area being treated is drawn into the applicator, followed by a cold sensation, but after a few minutes the area will ?go to sleep?. You can read, check your emails, or even sleep during your treatment.
- During the procedure itself, you might experience mild pain and numbness in the area where the procedure is being carried out. It however causes minimal to no pain post-procedure and you will be able to resume normal activities immediately after the procedure.
Does CoolSculpting have any side-effects?
- This low-risk treatment has very few potential side-effects. Some people may experience temporary numbness or bruising in the treated area. Any side-effects noticed following the treatment should resolve quite quickly in the weeks following your appointment.
What happens when you gain weight after Cool sculpting?
- Cool sculpting gets rid of specific fat cells permanently, once targeted fat cells are removed, they are gone for good. However, if you gain weight, the remaining fat cells in other parts of the body expand. The treated areas will remain unchanged but you will gain weight in other areas of the body if you don’t maintain a healthy lifestyle.
- Cool sculpting has proven to be a motivating factor in maintaining a healthy lifestyle in people.
What is liposuction and How is liposuction different from Cool sculpting?
- Liposuction is a surgical procedure using the technique of suction to remove excess fats from specific areas of the body.
- Cool sculpting is a non-invasive procedure with no downtime whereas liposuction is a surgical procedure, both help in the loss of excess fat from your body.
What is better cool sculpting or liposuction? What procedure do I undergo to remove fat?
- Though both procedures are used to remove excess fat from the body and both do so permanently, they use completely different methods to do so.
Choosing between the two depends upon
- Your goals
- If you are seeking a nonsurgical method to reduce fat in localized areas of the body, such as in the love handles or outer thighs, cool sculpting may be the appropriate treatment for you.
- Multiple treatment sessions may be necessary to achieve the best results in the case of Cool sculpting. The number of necessary treatment cycles is dependent on the treatment area.
- You should understand that the results of Coolscultping are not immediately noticeable. The lymphatic system in your body will continuously function to eliminate the injured fat cells from your body for approximately four months after the procedure, only then the changes start becoming apparent.
- Whereas, for patients looking to treat excess fat over a larger area of the body, liposuction is better suited. It is suitable for you if you are looking for a more dramatic change in your body contour.
- Liposuction is a more aggressive treatment that removes more fat cells and can be done in a single setting. It can be combined with an autologous fat transfer technique if you desire extensive body contouring.
- It is a common procedure to reinject fat, extracted during liposuction into areas of the body where more volume is desired.
- Recovery Period
- Cool sculpting is not associated with any downtime, you can resume your activity from the day of the procedure, being a non-invasive procedure it has considerably lesser associated risks.
- These risks are expected to heal on their own in a matter of a few days.
- Whereas, following liposuction surgery, patients can typically return to work and resume most normal activity after a week of surgery. Considerable downtime when compared to cool sculpting. As it is a surgical procedure pain is more and needs anti-pain medications, infection of the incision site can also occur, for which you will be prescribed a prophylactic antibiotic.
- Swelling, bruising, and numbness are common after liposuction and subside over the course of weeks and months following surgery. With the liposuction procedure, you will notice an overall reduction in fullness and improved contour within a few days of surgery but full results can take up to a year to be fully visible.
- Cool sculpting is a noninvasive procedure. Side effects are usually minor. Minor bruising, swelling, and skin sensitivity are common side effects after Cool sculpting. These side effects resolve within a week of the procedure.
- On the other hand, liposuction is an invasive surgery done under anesthesia. Side effects may include those related to surgical procedures and anesthetics. If you have a known case of heart problems or blood clotting disorders, liposuction should be avoided.
- Your care provider will give you an in-depth analysis as to what is better for you and help you reach your decision.
How is it different from a Tummy tuck?
- Tummy tuck is a surgical procedure wherein your plastic surgeon removes sagging skin and unwanted fat from your abdomen. It makes your underlying muscles tighter and your abdomen flatter and firmer.
- Whereas Cool sculpting is a non-invasive method of losing extra fats in your body by freezing and eliminating the fat cells.
- Tummy tucks are the procedure for you if you are looking to get rid of the sagging of skin in your abdomen and want to give it a much fuller look. Whereas if you want to get rid of stubborn areas of fat in your body and don’t want to undergo surgery, you are suited for cool sculpting.
Is Cryolipolysis for weight loss?
- It is not a form of weight loss and does not help you in getting rid of obesity, it however does give you a more contoured and balanced figure by extruding excess deposits of fat in parts of your body making you more comfortable and confident in your own body.
Does medicare or my private health insurance cover Cool sculpting?
- Sadly No, you should expect to full costs yourself as insurance companies do not cover aesthetic procedures done without clear medical indications.
Who should not undergo Cool sculpting?
- Cool Sculpting is not a recommended procedure for you if you have any cold-induced conditions like cold urticaria or Raynaud’s disease. It cannot be performed in areas of your body having skin lesions or in legs with dilated tortuous veins.
- You should avoid cool sculpting if you have active implanted devices like a pacemaker are using blood-thinning medications.
Book a consultation now and learn how you can benefit from Cool sculpting.
Potential Risks and Complications of Cool sculpting
Cool sculpting is an FDA approved procedure, being non-invasive it is relative. It does pose a certain amount of risks and you must understand these risks and possible complications associated with them.
Common risks after the procedure include
- Redness on the treated area
- Mild Tenderness
- Cramp like sensation
- Skin sensitivity.
You will be counseled by your care provider about these associated risks before the procedure. In addition to these, you should avoid the procedure if you are suffering from Raynaud’s disease or have severe cold sensitivity.
Medical References and Further Readings
About Dr Carmen Munteanu – Specialist Plastic Surgeon
Dr Carmen has 25 years of expertise in breast & tummy surgery as well as excess skin removal for weight-loss patients. Her favourite surgery is Breast Reduction. She also has significant experience in using fat transfer & fat grafting processes to the breast for augmentation and enhancement.
Dr Carmen is a FRACS Plastic & Reconstructive Surgeon – she is a Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons.
She is a precise surgeon and customises her surgery procedures and placement of surgical incision lines for each patient to get the best outcomes.
Caring and engaging, Dr Carmen is highly regarded by her peers and patients.
Always Do Your Research
- Download our Procedure Guides to find out more about your surgery
- Please read our website to learn more about your intended procedure
Do you need a Medical Referral to see Dr Carmen?
- A medical referral is helpful but NOT essential for purely cosmetic consultations.
- Please obtain a referral from your GP or Specialist if you want a consultation for an MBS item number surgery.
- Please note that your Medicare Rebates will NOT be claimable without a valid recent Referral
Making The Most Of Your Consultation
- Please arrive slightly early for your in-person consultation with Dr Carmen – Carparking is available on site in Mitcham
- You are welcome to bring a friend or relative to help consider the information and discuss your options
- Please be aware you may need to undress for a physical exam so wear simple clothes
- Ensure you also take a lot of notes during the consultation and thoroughly examine all the documents provided
Want more information before scheduling your consultation?
- Find out more about consultation pricing, payment plans and paying for surgery here
- Request more information about the procedure – call or contact us
- Book your initial consultation with Dr Carmen Munteanu Specialist Plastic Surgeon
Email us for more information: email@example.com