Chemical peels are used to improve the feel and texture of the skin.
A peel involves applying a chemical solution to the skin which over time, gently peels the outer damaged layers of the skin. Chemical peels can be used to reduce the appearance of:
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Acne or acne scars
- Age and liver spots
- Irregular skin pigmentation
- Scaly skin or patchy skin
- Sun damaged skin
Chemical Peels Melbourne
The formula used by Dr Carmen Munteanu will be adjusted to meet your particular needs. At Aesthetik Profile, we offer light, medium and deep chemical peels. You can find out more about each of these treatments below.
Light chemical peel
A light chemical peel is an effective treatment for acne, uneven pigment, fine wrinkles, dryness and minor skin imperfections. A light chemical peel helps remove the outer layer of the skin (epidermis) with a light exfoliation for a healthier glow. A chemical peel treatment plan will progressively improve the skin, achieving a refreshed appearance.
Medium chemical peel
With a medium chemical peel, your skin will feel and look noticeably smoother. This peel is suited for deep acne scarring, wrinkles, and uneven skin pigmentation. A medium chemical peel removes the outer layer of the skin (epidermis) and upper part of your middle layer of skin (dermis).
Deep chemical peel
A deep chemical peel is tailored for patients who are seeking more dramatic results. Although recovery is longer, a deep chemical peel can help restore more severe skin imperfections like scarring, deeper wrinkles, blotchy and sun-damaged skin, and even pre-cancerous growths. The chemical solution will be applied to the skin usually after a local anaesthetic and a sedative to manage any discomfort you may experience.
Pre-treatment is often required in the weeks leading up to a deep chemical peel. This might involve the use of creams or gels. This process helps to prepare the skin by thinning the surface layer to allow the chemical solution to seep deeper into the skin.
After your treatment, a soothing cream will be applied to help prevent redness and irritation. Peeling, flaking, dryness and redness are to be expected post-treatment and will usually last up to 7 days. It is common to experience some discomfort and redness, which can be assisted with pain killers. The results of a deep chemical peel can last for as long as 10 years.
Further Reading – Medical References
Dr Carmen Munteanu – Specialist Plastic Surgeon
Dr Carmen Munteanu MD. FRACS (Plas) is a very skilled and compassionate Specialist Plastic Surgeon based in Melbourne’s eastern suburbs.
She is one of Melbourne’s most experienced and sought-after female Plastic Surgeons specialising in aesthetic breast surgery and body contouring. That includes Breast Reduction, Breast Lift, Breast Implant Surgery and Body Surgery.
With over 25 years of surgical experience in Plastic Surgery, Dr Carmen firmly believes that a good surgeon is first a good doctor. She will always take into consideration all the health aspects and personal circumstances of each patient.
A dedicated Specialist Plastic and Cosmetic Surgeon, Dr Carmen is renowned for providing exceptional care, support and helping achieve realistic goals for her patients.
Always Do Your Research
- Download our Procedure Guides to find out more about your surgery
- Please read our website to learn more about your intended procedure
Do you need a Medical Referral to see Dr Carmen?
- A medical referral is helpful but NOT essential for purely cosmetic consultations.
- Please obtain a referral from your GP or Specialist if you want a consultation for an MBS item number surgery.
- Please note that your Medicare Rebates will NOT be claimable without a valid recent Referral
Making The Most Of Your Consultation
- Please arrive slightly early for your in-person consultation with Dr Carmen – Carparking is available on site in Mitcham
- You are welcome to bring a friend or relative to help consider the information and discuss your options
- Please be aware you may need to undress for a physical exam so wear simple clothes
- Ensure you also take a lot of notes during the consultation and thoroughly examine all the documents provided
Want more information before scheduling your consultation?
- Find out more about pricing, medical payment plans and paying for your surgery
- Request more information about the procedure – call or contact us
How to Book Your Consultation with Dr Carmen
- You can book your initial consultation with Dr Carmen Munteanu by paying the $275 cosmetic consultation fee in advance – when you make your appointment.
Email us for more information: email@example.com