Hand Surgery by Dr Carmen Munteanu Specialist Plastic Surgeon in Melbourne, Victoria
If you feel as though your hand is impaired in any way, Dr Carmen Munteanu leading hand surgeon may be the solution to regain optimal use of your hand and eliminate any deficiencies. Dr Carmen performs a wide range of hand surgery.
Aesthetik Profile has a range of hand treatments available which include:
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Nerve Compression Syndromes
- Dupuytren’s Disease
- Ganglions And Other Tumours
- Traumatic Hand Injuries
Recovery after Hand Surgery
In the first few weeks following your Hand, it is possible that you may experience localised swelling, discolouration and discomfort. Over the coming weeks as the new scar heals, it should begin to refine and fade.
Dr Carmen will provide you with in-depth and personalised instructions for caring for the surgical site following your Hand surgery; this can include medications to take orally or apply to the site to aid healing, as well as a follow-up consultation time.
It’s important to ensure the surgical site is not subjected to excessive force or motion during the healing time, and it’s best to avoid sun exposure. Please be sure to follow the instructions you are provided with to ensure a quality result.
Results of Hand Surgery
How to get the best outcome from your Hand procedure.
While scar revision surgery can help to provide a more aesthetically pleasing result, it is important to bear in mind that it is not possible for a scar to be completely erased.
Further Reading – medical references
- ASPS USA Article Hand Surgery
How much is Hand Surgery? – Surgery Costs & Hospital Fees
Dr Carmen’s team will provide you with a personalised fee for your surgery depending on the type of procedure, hospital and whether you want to stay in hospital. An approximate fee range for your HAND surgery can be provided over the phone when you speak to a Patient Care Advisor. We also provide information on different methods of payment.
At your initial consultation, you will be given a detailed quote for your procedure. This will include a Surgeon’s fee, Anaesthetist fee, Surgical Assistant fee and the day surgery or hospital fees.
Find out more about Hand Surgery Payment plans, Prices and Consultation Fees
Planning for your surgery
At your pre-operative consultation, Dr Carmen Munteanu will listen to your desired outcomes and conduct an examination, before advising of your options and her recommended course of treatment.
Find out more about your patient journey.
If you have any questions or concerns about the procedure, please don’t hesitate to ask Dr Carmen at this time.
Risks and Complications of Hand Surgery
Every surgery has some risks and possible complications.
Dr Carmen will cover the potential risks and complications during your consultation as part of your informed consent. She will also explain the measures she will take in order to reduce your risks as much as possible.
Possible complications of surgery include the following:
- Complications related to general anaestheticor side effects of drugs used in hospital
- Bleeding– reduced by preoperative testing of possible blood anomalies, accurate technique, use of drains, particular dressings, compressive garments
- Infection– prevented/reduced by judicious use of antibiotics, good surgical technique, modern sealing dressings, appropriate care, advice
- Abnormal or asymmetrical scarring– Many scars can be improved if approached in the right time frame in the right way.
- Fluid build-up or seroma
- Other risks include – Numbness and Pain, Wound breakdown and delayed healing, unsightly or keloid Scarring,
- Serious complications such as possible Heart attack, Deep Vein Thrombosis, Pulmonary Embolism
For more information about risks of surgery and possible complications
Things you can do to minimise your risks and complications of surgery
- Read all your surgical documents and follow instructions of your surgeon precisely – rest & Allow time to heal, wear your compression garments as instructed, avoid removing your own bandages or touching at the incision site until it has healed properly.
- Do NOT Smoke at all during the surgical journey – especially critical in the periods before and after surgery
- Be accurate and upfront about ALL your medications, supplements and vitamins that you are currently taking – Tell both Dr Carmen and your anaesthetist
- When providing your medical history give specific details about ANY past difficulties you have had with surgery, anaesthesia, hospital visits or healing
- Thorough pre-washing of your own Hand prior to surgery can reduce skin bacteria and risk of infection.
- Successful surgical outcomes are the result of a number of considerations – realistic surgical goals, realistic patient expectations, and a good knowledge and understanding of possible risks and complications.
About Dr Carmen Munteanu – Specialist Plastic Surgeon
Dr Carmen has 25 years of expertise in breast & tummy surgery as well as excess skin removal for weight-loss patients. Her favourite surgery is Breast Reduction. She also has significant experience in using fat transfer & fat grafting processes to the breast for augmentation and enhancement.
Dr Carmen is a FRACS Plastic & Reconstructive Surgeon – she is a Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons.
She is a precise surgeon and customises her surgery procedures and placement of surgical incision lines for each patient to get the best outcomes.
Caring and engaging, Dr Carmen is highly regarded by her peers and patients.
Always Do Your Research
- Download our Procedure Guides to find out more about your surgery
- Please read our website to learn more about your intended procedure
Do you need a Medical Referral to see Dr Carmen?
- A medical referral is helpful but NOT essential for purely cosmetic consultations.
- Please obtain a referral from your GP or Specialist if you want a consultation for an MBS item number surgery.
- Please note that your Medicare Rebates will NOT be claimable without a valid recent Referral
Making The Most Of Your Consultation
- Please arrive slightly early for your in-person consultation with Dr Carmen – Carparking is available on site in Mitcham
- You are welcome to bring a friend or relative to help consider the information and discuss your options
- Please be aware you may need to undress for a physical exam so wear simple clothes
- Ensure you also take a lot of notes during the consultation and thoroughly examine all the documents provided
Want more information before scheduling your consultation?
- Find out more about consultation pricing, payment plans and paying for surgery here
- Request more information about the procedure – call or contact us
- Book your initial consultation with Dr Carmen Munteanu Specialist Plastic Surgeon
Email us for more information: email@example.com