Brow Lift & Forehead Lift Surgery in Melbourne Victoria
As we age, it’s inevitable that wrinkles will begin to develop in the forehead or between the eyebrows, sometimes resulting in an aged, worried, or tired appearance. Aesthetik Profile in Melbourne offers brow and forehead lift as a surgical solution to counter the signs of ageing.
Dr Carmen Munteanu is a specialist plastic surgeon and browlift expert. She provides dedicated and compassionate care to her patients who wish to undergo this surgery and reshape their forehead.
A brow and forehead lift involves lifting the skin around the eyes and on the forehead to restore it to a natural, higher position, thus reducing the appearance of horizontal lines across the forehead, and vertical creases between the eyebrows.
Through advanced surgical techniques and technology, Dr Carmen Munteanu is able to achieve natural-looking results for her patients to address a range of issues including:
- Reduce wrinkle lines which develop horizontally across the forehead, and on the bridge of the nose between the eyes
- Improve the look of vertical creases, also known as frown lines, which develop between the eyebrows
- Raise sagging brows which are causing a “hooded” appearance on the upper eyelids
- Return the eyebrows to a more alert and youthful position
A brow and forehead lift is performed in a single surgery, normally under a general anaesthetic, and requires minimal post-surgery downtime.
What is a brow and forehead lift?
A brow and forehead lift is a surgical procedure to lift the skin on the forehead and eyes back to a higher position, reducing the appearance of wrinkles and lines. This restores a refreshed look in the face by also raising the eyebrows, sagging skin deposits, and wrinkled skin.
Brow Lift Surgical procedure
Prior to your brow and forehead lift procedure, you will be anaesthetised. In general this surgery takes between one and two hours, but this can vary depending on the exact treatment decided on by you and Dr Carmen.
Recovery after Brow Lift
Following the surgery the incisions will be closed using sutures or clips and dressed with a wrap to aid the healing process and minimise bruising and swelling. You may also have a thin tube attached to aid in draining any excess fluid or blood from the incision. After your surgery, you will be taken to a recovery room and closely monitored. At this time, your brow will be wrapped with gauze dressings. After a few hours, you may be permitted to go home and rest.
It is important to follow the aftercare instructions Dr Carmen will provide you with. This will include how to clean the incisions, prescribed medication and creams, recovery times for different activities, and your follow-up appointment. Please ensure you keep your head elevated during the recovery period, and ensure you don’t apply ice or heated packs to the area.
Following a post-surgical recovery period of about 24 to 48 hours and an additional reduced activity period it is likely you will experience discomfort and swelling to the surgical area for a few weeks. Initial wound healing will generally take between 10 and 14 days, and you should be able to resume normal activities around this time. The sutures or clips will be removed as appropriate.
Generally healing will continue over several more weeks, and the full recovery period may take several months. Makeup can help you to camouflage any bruising in the area.
It is of utmost importance to follow the personalised aftercare instructions provided to ensure the success of your surgery.
Before you leave our surgery, you will receive detailed instructions to help you care for your brows, prescribed medication to aid in the healing process and reduce the risk of infection, and your follow-up date with Dr Carmen.
The instructions you receive will be personalised to perfectly suit your unique circumstances. It’s essential that you follow all instructions carefully to ensure the best possible outcome. You will also receive Dr Carmen’s private number to address any concerns or prevent further complications immediately.
You can begin introducing exercise and normal activity under the direction of Dr Carmen. For more information about recovery visit the recovery page.
Longer-Term Results of a Brow Lift or Forehead Lift
The initial results of your brow and forehead lift will be immediately visible, but the full results may take a few months to appear as the healing process progresses.
To help maintain your rejuvenated appearance it is recommended that you apply sun protection daily and maintain a healthy lifestyle to extend the longevity of the results.
Brow and Forehead Lift Surgery Costs & fees – How much is a Brow and Forehead Lift?
At your initial consultation, you will be given a detailed quote for your chosen procedure. This will include a Surgeon’s fee, Anaesthetist fee, Surgical Assistant fee and the hospital fees.
Dr Carmen’s team will provide you a customised fee for your surgery depending on the type of procedure, hospital and how long you want to stay in hospital. An approximate fee range for your arm lift surgery can be provided over the phone when you speak to a Patient Care Advisor. We also provide information on different methods of payment.
Find out more about Brow and Forehead lift Prices and Consultation Fees
How to find the best Brow Lift Surgery surgeon in Melbourne
Look for a surgeon with significant experience in your chosen procedure. Always get an opinion from a specialist plastic surgeon rather than an under-qualified doctor calling themselves a cosmetic surgeon. Make sure you check the AHPRA and ASPS websites to ensure they are really a plastic surgeon.
If you’re looking for a top Brow Lift plastic surgeon always look at their before and after patient photos and search online for reviews and comments from their past patients.
Artistic skill, experience and good judgement are needed to avoid complications and to achieve an outstanding fat transfer result.
Further Reading – medical references
- ASPS USA information on Brow Lift Surgery
- ABCS- Brow Lift Guide
- Manual of Oculoplastic Surgery- Brow Lift
- MayoClinic- BrowLift
- American Society of Plastic Surgeon- Brow Lift ( Forehead Lift) Guide
- WebMD- Cosmetic Procedures and the Brow Lift
Risks and Complications of Brow and Forehead Lift Surgery
Every surgery has some risks and possible complications.
Dr Carmen will cover the potential risks and complications during your consultation as part of your informed consent. She will also explain the measures she will take in order to reduce your risks as much as possible.
Possible complications of brow lift surgery include the following:
- Complications related to general anaesthetic or side effects of drugs used in hospital
- Bleeding – reduced by preoperative testing of possible blood anomalies, accurate technique, use of drains, particular dressings, compressive garments
- Infection – prevented/reduced by judicious use of antibiotics, good surgical technique, modern sealing dressings, appropriate care, advice
- Abnormal or asymmetrical scarring– Many scars can be improved if approached in the right time frame in the right way.
- Fluid build-up or seroma
- Other risks include – Numbness and Pain, Wound breakdown and delayed healing, unsightly or keloid Scarring,
- Serious complications such as possible Heart attack, Deep Vein Thrombosis, Pulmonary Embolism
For more information about risks of surgery and possible complications
Things you can do to minimise your risks and complications of surgery
- Read all your surgical documents and follow instructions of your surgeon precisely – rest & Allow time to heal, wear your compression garments as instructed, avoid removing your own bandages or touching at the incision site until it has healed properly.
- Do NOT Smoke at all during the surgical journey – especially critical in the periods before and after surgery
- Be accurate and upfront about ALL your medications, supplements and vitamins that you are currently taking – Tell both Dr Carmen and your anaesthetist
- When providing your medical history give specific details about ANY past difficulties you have had with surgery, anaesthesia, hospital visits or healing
- Thorough pre-washing of your own body prior to surgery can reduce skin bacteria and risk of infection.
- Successful surgical outcomes are the result of a number of considerations – realistic surgical goals, realistic patient expectations, and a good knowledge and understanding of possible risks and complications.
Planning your brow and forehead lift surgery
During your brow and forehead lift surgery consultation, Dr Carmen will evaluate your general health and identify any risk factors. As part of this your complete medical history, current medications, vitamin and herbal supplements, alcohol, tobacco and drug usage will be taken into consideration.
As part of this evaluation, Dr Carmen will also examine and measure different parts of your face and take photographs. Following this, Dr Carmen will discuss your options, recommend a course of treatment, and provide you with the likely outcome of your surgery and any potential complications.
For more information about your patient journey and your first consultation visit the page
Dr Carmen Munteanu – Specialist Plastic Surgeon
Dr Carmen Munteanu MD. FRACS (Plas) is a very skilled and compassionate Specialist Plastic Surgeon based in Melbourne’s eastern suburbs.
She is one of Melbourne’s most experienced and sought-after female Plastic Surgeons specialising in aesthetic breast surgery and body contouring. That includes Breast Reduction, Breast Lift, Breast Implant Surgery and Body Surgery.
With over 25 years of surgical experience in Plastic Surgery, Dr Carmen firmly believes that a good surgeon is first a good doctor. She will always take into consideration all the health aspects and personal circumstances of each patient.
A dedicated Specialist Plastic and Cosmetic Surgeon, Dr Carmen is renowned for providing exceptional care, support and helping achieve realistic goals for her patients.
Always Do Your Research
- Download our Procedure Guides to find out more about your surgery
- Please read our website to learn more about your intended procedure
Do you need a Medical Referral to see Dr Carmen?
- A medical referral is helpful but NOT essential for purely cosmetic consultations.
- Please obtain a referral from your GP or Specialist if you want a consultation for an MBS item number surgery.
- Please note that your Medicare Rebates will NOT be claimable without a valid recent Referral
Making The Most Of Your Consultation
- Please arrive slightly early for your in-person consultation with Dr Carmen – Carparking is available on site in Mitcham
- You are welcome to bring a friend or relative to help consider the information and discuss your options
- Please be aware you may need to undress for a physical exam so wear simple clothes
- Ensure you also take a lot of notes during the consultation and thoroughly examine all the documents provided
Want more information before scheduling your consultation?
- Find out more about pricing, medical payment plans and paying for your surgery
- Request more information about the procedure – call or contact us
How to Book Your Consultation with Dr Carmen
- You can book your initial consultation with Dr Carmen Munteanu by paying the $275 cosmetic consultation fee in advance – when you make your appointment.
Email us for more information: email@example.com