Who is the Best Plastic Surgeon in Melbourne, Australia?
A Cosmetic Surgeon is NOT the same as a Plastic Surgeon
Using the title of “Cosmetic Surgeon” does not mean the medical practitioner is a qualified Specialist Plastic Surgeon.
A Specialist Plastic Surgeon can only practice aesthetic surgery after obtaining extensive experience and expertise in trauma and reconstructive surgery, including cosmetic surgery.
You should always look for credentials of your surgeon: only have surgery with a Plastic Surgeon who is a recognised member of the Australian Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS). This guarantees they are highly trained, with at least 8 to 10 years in post-graduate surgical training.
Plastic surgeons in Australia must undertake 10 years or more of surgical training and examination after the completion of the basic requirements as a doctor. They also must be a Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (FRACS).
To maintain those qualifications, a Plastic Surgeon is continually submitted to annual audit, and must participate in conferences, educational and professional meetings, in order to meet the appropriate standards.
Find a top plastic surgeon who really cares
Your surgeon should carefully listen to your needs and expectations, give you realistic advice, accompany you from your first consultation, at the time of the procedure, in the period of recovery and long-term care.
In your choice of Plastic Surgeon, it is also very important that you feel comfortable with the relationship with this person. Plastic Surgery is a journey, not a minor “in and out” operation. Careful follow-up is required. Your surgeon should be someone you can rely on now and in the future.
Dr Carmen Munteanu FRACS (Plas) – Leading Specialist Plastic Surgeon
Beyond her very highly specialised education and keeping up with the utmost latest techniques, Dr Carmen Munteanu’s philosophy is an ethical, honest and caring approach to each patient’s unique needs.
Dr Munteanu specialises in the precision and delicacy of breast, hand, and facial surgery, as well as weight loss patients, aging and pregnancy-related deformities. She also extends her expertise to breast and abdominal recontouring, genital rejuvenation, body contouring, skin cancers and skin rejuvenation.
Dr Carmen Munteanu consults patients with any plastic surgery concern, from trauma and post-traumatic sequelae, to hand surgery and skin cancers. Her female touch has a particular role in treating delicate and more discrete problems. She believes in making a difference to breast surgery, cosmetic genital surgery, and post-bariatric (significant weight loss) surgery.
About Dr Carmen Munteanu – Specialist Plastic Surgeon
Dr Carmen has 25 years of expertise in breast & tummy surgery as well as excess skin removal for weight-loss patients. Her favourite surgery is Breast Reduction. She also has significant experience in using fat transfer & fat grafting processes to the breast for augmentation and enhancement.
Dr Carmen is a FRACS Plastic & Reconstructive Surgeon – she is a Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons.
She is a precise surgeon and customises her surgery procedures and placement of surgical incision lines for each patient to get the best outcomes.
Caring and engaging, Dr Carmen is highly regarded by her peers and patients.
Always Do Your Research
- Download our Procedure Guides to find out more about your surgery
- Please read our website to learn more about your intended procedure
Do you need a Medical Referral to see Dr Carmen?
- A medical referral is helpful but NOT essential for purely cosmetic consultations.
- Please obtain a referral from your GP or Specialist if you want a consultation for an MBS item number surgery.
- Please note that your Medicare Rebates will NOT be claimable without a valid recent Referral
Making The Most Of Your Consultation
- Please arrive slightly early for your in-person consultation with Dr Carmen – Carparking is available on site in Mitcham
- You are welcome to bring a friend or relative to help consider the information and discuss your options
- Please be aware you may need to undress for a physical exam so wear simple clothes
- Ensure you also take a lot of notes during the consultation and thoroughly examine all the documents provided
Want more information before scheduling your consultation?
- Find out more about consultation pricing, payment plans and paying for surgery here
- Request more information about the procedure – call or contact us
- Book your initial consultation with Dr Carmen Munteanu Specialist Plastic Surgeon
Email us for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org